Missing new villagers [ FIXED ]

Summary:

I’m playing on the current version on steam, the thing is i increased the limit of villagers to 40 but since it got to 32 the amount needed to the next villager stopped showing soo i cant recruit any more villagers and i dont know why.

My current Morale is 8 (food 7 Shelter 10 Safety 10)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get to 32 villagers.
  2. See if the recruiting option still shows up

Expected Results:

Every day or soo to show me the amount needed to recruit more people

Actual Results:

No one shows up and i dont know why.

Version Number and Mods in use:

Current Version on steam with no mods

can you screenshot it? to show that it not letting get more hearthlings

How would he screenshot the daily event, if it is not popping up?

my bad forgot about that it doesnt show up anymore when your at max

Hi @Hellgate, could you upload your savefile where this is happening?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Did you increase the limit before you started playing, or meanwhile? Did you try saving and reloading?

Yea i cant since it dosen’t show up , but thanks for the try

Well i can upload it but for some reason the file has 15 gb soo it might be a while , not that space is a problem but anyway.

And about increasing the limit am not shure i was a long time ago soo it might be either, and also yes i reloaded and played for days IRL and nothing changed.

Did you zip it? That would reduce the size a lot.

Here is it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IOevRndv2IekRxMjhXU0xuUjg/view?usp=sharing

Yes after zipping it went to 2 gb.

OMG 15GB… I wonder how much time does it take to load :sweat_smile:

I can’t access the link, @Hellgate, it says that I need permissions . Here are some instructions on how to get the shareable link on Google Drive:

1. Right click on folder you wish to share
  2. Left Click on Share...
  3. Click on Get shareable link
  4. Ensure that is says Anyone with the link can view
  5. Copy the link there and paste it here.

Actually loading isn’t a problem , is definitely less than a minute

Ok , second try incoming =)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IOevRndv2IekRxMjhXU0xuUjg/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Maybe you got your whole save folder (saved_games) instead of just the game sub folder? Each save file is a folder inside that saved_games

That makes sense :confused:
But anyway I’m already downloading it…

Well someone misread the original instructions …

I’m not pointing fingers i’m just saying…

1 Like

Could be me if you get what im saying :blush:

I just loaded the last auto_save. Your generator encounter is busted, it’s completely stopped.
I will try to reproduce the bug on my end because it’s weird that it stopped that way. It might be an edge case.

You can cheat-fix it by using the debug tools.
First enable the debug_tools mod: on the main screen, open the Settings window, go to the “Mods” tab and check “debugtools”.

Then, load your savefile. Open the campaign browser,which is the book icon:

And then, trigger the daily update: click on the “generate_daily_report” node, and then click on “Trigger Now”.

You can close those menus with the little “x” buttons on the corner now. Make sure to save your game again after this.

The only issue is that the next day it will spawn at the same in-game hour you triggered it with the debug tools.

One last question @Hellgate, is this savefile from A19? Or did you start it previously?

Well the time dosent matter mutch for me but “Sam Baub” is happy to join the team.

I think i started it on the last patch.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help Relyss , BrunoSupremo , Reedo and micheal_handy76_mh .

I think it is fixed now