Make Female Rabbits by Having Their Ears Swept Back

@Tom If I may comment on the entire issue, I find it silly that you’re trying to figure out how to define gender/gender roles without trying to define gender/gender roles. You’re trying to come up with something that we could recognize as “male/female” but the ONLY way to do that is by using a culturally accepted gender role (such as pink bows).

If you actually want to be creative, use your writer to create some sort of Lore around rabbit gender roles, completely bypassing real world gender stereotypes. You could make it something like “Female rabbit-people are all hunters, fishermen, and sheperds, while the men do the artisan jobs. Warriors are selected from both sects.”

Or you could completely bypass gender, saying that this civilization puts more weight on a rigid hierarchy/caste system that pays little attention to gender.

With all do respect, I find it horribly amusing that you’re trying to define a gender without defining gender.

2 Likes

I think there’s a difference between trying to define a gender, and trying to portray a gender, but that’s a discussion for another day when it’s not 1am - anyway.

I do get what you’re saying, and I agree that it’s difficult to truly differentiate between the male and females visually (outside of biological features) without using culturally accepted depictions of gender - so the longer hair, slimmer build, pink clothing blah blah blah etc.

But I think what @Tom is trying to avoid is a blatant ‘THIS IS A FEMALE’ visual cue.

For me personally,the easiest way to do this would just be the fur colour - males are one colour, females another.

1 Like

I partially agree with you. There are a lot of ways to subtly distinguish between male and female… that don’t require stereotypical “pink bows.” I actually had another idea for females where simply more hair is added to their head. That would actually free up the ears to do anything you want with… regardless of gender, some could have floppy ears, some could have pointy ears, and some could even have swept back ears.

As for the rest of your post, I do pretty much agree with you. This is a fantasy game at its core and there is no reason why you would have to follow traditional gender roles for a being that does not exist in reality. However, we do not know yet exactly how the NPCs the player manages will be interacting with other factions. Knowing the gender of the members of this other faction may prove rather important… only time will tell.

1 Like

Just to slightly change topic, am I the only thing that feels that if this was final fantasy tactics the rabbits would be the monk class?

Life pro tip here - don’t google image ‘sexiest bunny’ in an attempt to post a humorous ironic picture of what the female rabbit should look like.

It’s not big, it’s not clever, and I’m going to bed to hopefully forget about the whole mess.

Why would you Google that? I actually did that just out of curiosity and pretty much all I came up with were Playboy Playmates. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, you mean you didn’t get to see the morbidly obese guy in the thong with the bunny ears? Well, you’re loss!

1 Like

@Geoffers747 Well, darn! The internet has failed me. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve bookmarked it and saved it to my documents if you want me to hook you up?

1 Like

@Geoffers747 Thanks for the laugh… but no. :wink: