So, I was getting really frustrated with how long the game was taking to load, most notably it sitting on a black screen (as it would make me paranoid that one of my mods was broken). I inadvertently developed this trick for dealing with it, and thought I’d share:
- Add all of the mods you’re playing with to one Collection on Steam.
- Click “Unsubscribe from All”
- Load the game
- Go to the Mods menu
- Click on the button to get more mods
- Either from that window or your main Steam one, go to your Collection
- Click “Subscribe to all”
- Give it a minute to process the mods
- Play your game with mods
On future occasions:
- Go to your Collection on Steam
2-10: As above.
Yes, it’s extra work, redownloading and all each time.
But it’s been faster than the loading wait time on a few occasions.
And also has been a good way for me to catch when it was one of my mods at fault…