[Livestream] 12/16/14 - Ask your Mason questions here

I think there were also workshop-specific upgrades as well, like the spinning wheel for the weaver–the way that it sounded initially suggested that it might have been a separate class. So, I guess that brings my question up:

What workshop upgrades are you considering for the Mason, and what might they do?

Also, the Mason is technically a “Tier 2” worker, somewhat similar to the Weaver and Farmer. From my experience, I usually don’t get these classes in a migrant–I mostly see Carpenters, Footmen, and Settlers. Will the Mason be possible to acquire as a migrant, and if so, will there be different requirements to unlock their occurrence? The simplest way I can think of right now is to have a higher total net value, allowing a chance for these second-tier workers.

And my final question, just a point of curiosity: Are there any planned recipes or craftables that involve a Weaver-Mason crossover? Most of the items we’ve seen only involve the Carpenter and Mason. Maybe there could be a stone marker with a flag as an early, basic recipe? Maybe it could eventually be used as a ‘bookmark’ in the world to jump between places being explored and the city proper.

EDIT: Here’s one other question I came up with later.

We saw bricks as a craftable item by the Mason previously–while we haven’t seen them in use too much, I assume they will be used for construction. However, I am curious about eventual ‘bigger’ construction projects. Will there eventually be ‘large-scale’ crafting projects/recipes, and how will they be handled?

Specifically considering the giant stone statues seen in the cityscape image, they seem more artistic than a normal settler might be capable of, and way too big to simply craft and throw in a stockpile. Would this mean the project would have to be built in place (can’t be deployed/undeployed–more like a structure), and that these projects only allow the correlating profession to work on it?

It might give a reason to have a greater number of Carpenters and Masons beyond having more workstations to queue craftables, plus offer some ‘epic’ projects to aim for in your settlement.

4 Likes