Latest build buildings won't build

I’ve searched through looking for this specific issue but I couldn’t find it. In the latest build I’m trying to build the carpenters house, the workers come along, dig the foundation, put in a little bit of floor and some of the end wall then stop.

I’ve put ladders on every single level of the wall to make sure they have access and it isn’t an access issue, and tried to build multiple buildings and they all get to exactly the same point and stop. I’ve saved/reloaded, validated files, tried everything every other thread suggested, even started a new game and they do exactly the same thing in a new file.

This sounds like the problem that happens using the old builder in recent versions. Are you using the new builder?

what do you mean old builder? do i change it somewhere? i just went into game and went “build and design” at the bottom, chose place building and chose carpenters house in the ascendancy tab of templates.

The new builder is shown in this screenshot: [A 24.10] [New Builder] Hearthlings can no longer figure out how to build my building

If the new builder is not an option for you, then you’re not on the “latest build,” you’re still on A23 (the last stable build), and they’re in the process of replacing the old builder which has unfortunately resulted in some critical bugs in it.

I looked in there before and thought it was just a designer, didn’t realise you could choose templates from there as well. turns out i was using the old template chooser thing on the left. thankyou.

Yeah, the template selection isn’t as obvious in there. I hope that as the new builder becomes the only builder, that the new template browser becomes a bit more prominent, at least when opened up.

Having a similar problem with building! Doesn’t matter if it’s an old building template or if I make a new one. They end up looking like this:

Regardless of what sort of template you’re using, make sure you’re doing it in the new builder, not the old builder.

1 Like