Large monsters clip through walls

Summary:
When large monsters (such as orcs or stone golems) walk through your settlement, they do not stay “shoulder-width” away from walls or cliff faces. Their arms and shoulders show through the walls.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Build any building or structure with walls.
  2. When attacked by large monsters, watch their arms and such swing through the wall.

Expected Results:
When inside a wall, I don’t expect to see parts of the monsters as they fight on the other side.
Actual Results:
You do see it.
Notes:
The pathing of the large models need to take up the correct space and respect boundaries. If a monster is 2, 3, or 4 blocks wide, it should have to path that far away from walls and such.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
System Information:

3 Likes

yeah this is a problem with hearthlings as well, they constantly clip through everything. technically they are 3 wide, but they can walk on a single block. this makes for very unrealistic pathing and fighting. can’t wait until they do it properly.

1 Like

But Hearthlings squeezing through narrow spaces is basically the only reason my tents work :wink:

I don’t know that I’d want Hearthlings to actually take more space. 3 blocks wide certainly seems too much; I imagine they could fit in two blocks, which I’d be fine with. But I’d certainly like Hearthlings to avoid walking as close to walls as they do sometimes, especially now that having walls too close is bad for their happiness.