Kitty's Design Corner

Ah fair enough, normally yes, but I’m packing for holiday and leaving for two weeks, so next time kitty at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me know. I am always happy to try to make requests or provide things of interest to people who can actually do something with them :smiley:

1 Like

Just as a curiosity…would anyone who’s coding-capable (as I’m still really struggling to learn a lot of that) be interested in this project if I started fleshing out the actual models for its content?

Kitty Mod Concept #7718:

Per Manus Mod:

• New resource: Dirt

• Drops from Soil at same rate stone does from rock.
    • Drops from Rock at the same rate stone does from soil.
    • Drops from harvesting a Compost Crate
  • New resource: Thatch

• Produced by using Wood at the Sifter or Sieve
      – May also be used as a crafting material by other mods / in the future
  • New resource: Crushed Stone

• Produced using Dirt at Sifter or Sieve
    • Produced using Stone at Sifter or Sieve
      – May also be used as a crafting material by other mods / in the future
  • New resource: Coarse Sand

• Produced using Crushed Stone at Sifter or Sieve
    • Can be turned into Fine Sand at Sifted or Sieve
      – Fine Sand: Intended to be compatible with Glassworks; may also be used as a crafting material by other mods / in the future
  • New Material Tag: Rotten

• Added to the Rotten version of food items
    • Mod compatibility will be covered as able
  • New Resource: Organic Material

• Produced at Compactor using items with Rotten material tag, Food container material tag, Thatch; possibly others.
    • Turns into a Compost Crate when placed.
    • Used by Herbalist to produce various seeds.
      – Mod compatibility will be covered as well as able.
  • New Crafting Table: Sifter / Sieve
    – Sifter (machine) version crafted and used by Engineer
    – Sieve (manual) version crafted and used by the Herbalist; takes much longer to produce results; twice as much material for recipes.

• Can craft Thatch using any kind of wood
    • Can craft Crushed Stone using Dirt or Stone
    • Can craft various Ore Fragments using Crushed Stone (different types of ore fragments require more Crushed Stone and a higher level)
    • Can craft Coarse Sand using Crushed Stone
    • Can craft Fine Sand using Coarse Sand (very fast)
    • Can craft Organic Material using Dirt
  • New Crafting Table: Compactor
    – Machine version crafted and used by Engineer
    – Hand version crafted and used by the Herbalist;takes much longer to produce results; twice as much material for recipes.

• Can craft Organic Material into Dirt using items with Rotten material tag, Food container material tag, Thatch; possibly others.
    • Can craft Thatch into Wood (Acacia, Cactus, Juniper, Oak, Palm, or Pine; modded wood will be added on request)
    • Can craft Crushed Stone into to Stone
    • Can craft Fine Sand into Coarse Sand (very fast)
    • Can craft Coarse Sand and Ore Fragments into Ore of the fragment’s type (different types of ore take longer and require higher level)
    • Can craft Coarse Sand and Dirt into Clay

The Minecraft mod Ex Nihilo was an inspiration element for this concept. I notoriously would include the mod even in non-Skyblock worlds to make relatively renewable setups for myself by growing trees to produce materials rather than excessively mining for them.

The Engineer’s machine version being faster and more efficient is to give more incentive to use it rather than just the Herbalist’s manual version.

I also considered a version that retained more of the randomized results of Ex Nihilo. That version would remove the Organic Material; the Compactor would directly produce Dirt from its recipe. Dirt would be Sieved to produce the Compost Crate, which would have a loot table including Crushed Stone and the various seeds. Crushed Stone would be Sieved to produce a Lesser Inorganic Crate with a loot table including Coarse Sand and the various Ore Fragments, favouring the lower level ores. Course Sand would be Sieve to produce a Greater Inorganic Crate with a loot table including Fine Sand and the various Ore Fragments, favouring the higher level ores.

I also considered making a third machine, the Crucible Oven. The Herbalist’s version would craft Water stones from Dirt, and require wood as a fuel. The Engineer’s version would use Coal as a fuel, and add in a recipe to make Lava/Magma from Crushed Stone… if Lava/Magma became a thing.

Unsurprisingly, some of those “future mod recipes” have already gone through my mind as well.

Most notably:

• Making Paper using Thatch in the Compactor, which would be used for a collection of paper based furniture and decorations, as well as Wallpaper as a building material (bright colors).

• Making Sandstone using Course Sand in the Compactor, which would be used for a collection of furniture and decorations, similar in style to the Sand Bunnies in the latest version of the Bunny [Cult] Mod, as well as a building material (sedated colors).

• Making Hardened Glass using Coarse Sand in the Crucible Oven, which would be used for “glass” furniture and decorations, including some glass Bunnies that I experimented with at one point, and maybe some building items - but Glassworks already covers that.

• Making Metal Blocks using Metal Ingots in the Crucible Oven, which would be used for really expensive metal based furniture and really ornate decorations, as well as serving as a building material (for metal colors, obviously).

…did I mention I have insomnia again? :sweat:

6 Likes

Skin tone sets;

Fantasy, set of 10:
Ten%20Fantasy%20Skintones

1. Red: Daemon
  2. Orange: Thunderian
  3. Yellow: Sovereign
  4. Green: Goblin
  5. Green2: Ork
  6. Blue: Jotun
  7. Purple: Deva
  8. White: Albino
  9. Grey: Stonechild
  10. Black: Drow

(Ork might get a little tweaking to be more like Goblin, with more distinctions between the shades compared to the more blended hearthlings)

Naturals, Set of 8:
Eight%20Natural%20Skintones

1. White: Fair
  2. Light1: Light
  3. Light 2: Medium
  4. Brown1: Olive
  5. Medium1: Tan
  6. Medium2: Brown
  7. Medium3: Dark Brown
  8. Brown2: Black
2 Likes

Soooo… I built myself a new palette again :joy:

This came as a result of getting rid of most of my custom color maps, as they had a good concept but a PITA practicality/implementation. With the remaining color maps, even considering some tweaks I made to them for what I’m working on, I eliminated the extra top row, meaning it was much more feasible to set everything to sets of 8 instead of 7.

• Column 1: Eye color map, hair color map

• Column 2: Skin color map, Coal light & dark

• Column 3: Custom color map for accessories (material, detail)

• Column 4: Custom color map for headpieces (ribbon blue, hat brown)

• Column 5: Bronze 1-8 (based off bronze ingot)

• Column 6: Clay 1-8 (based off clay mound)

• Column 7: Cloth 1-8 (based off cloth bolt)

• Column 8: Copper 1-8 (based off copper ingot)

• Column 9: Gem of the Depths 1-8 (based off nature gem, - coloured blue for water)

• Column 10: Hearth Gem 1-8 (based off nature gem, coloured red for fire)

• Column 11: Gem of the Heavens 1-8 (based off nature gem, coloured white for air)

• Column 12: Nature Gem 1-8 (based off the nature gem ore, mentally tied to earth)

• Column 13: Gold 1-8 (based off the ingot)

• Column 14: Iron 1-8 (based off the ingot)

• Column 15: Leather 1-8 (based off the leather bolt)

• Column 16: Magma 1-8 (drawn from the magmasmith crafting table)

• Column 17: Obsidian 1-8 (drawn from Glasswork`s obsidian)

• Column 18: Paper 1-8 (drawn from the paper of the Dusty Tome loot)

• Column 19: Sand 1-8 (drawn from the sand castle from the Archipelago)

• Column 20: Silver 1-8 (based off the ingot)

• Column 21: Steel 1-8 (based off the ingot)

• Column 22: Stone 1-8 (based off the hunk of stone)

• Column 23: Tin 1-8 (based off the ingot)

• Column 24: Acacia Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark)

• Column 25: Birch Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark; from the current in-dev version of ACE)

• Column 26: Cactus Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark)
    Column 27: Juniper Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark)

• Column 28: Maple Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark; from my own WIP Maple Tree mod; inner wood colour inspired by Spruce wood from Minecraft, bark colour inspired by Dark Oak wood from Minecraft)

• Column 29: Oak Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark)

• Column 30: Palm Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark)

• Column 31: Pine Wood (based off the log; 1-4 from the inner part, 5-8 from the bark)

• Column 32: Left empty for project colours; the csv has this filled with White “Placeholder” entries.

Kitty Palette.csv (7.7 KB)

WARNING: UNTESTED!!!

I put together this quick kit that should be able to be used to enable you to have trees in your biome change with the seasons, per the base game’s biomes.

1. Download: SeasonalTreesKit.rar (5.5 KB)

2. Extract into the Entities folder of your biome mod (create one if you don’t have one)

3. Go into the files for the trees you want to affect and change the following line:
    "mod:biome:modbiome"

• “mod” should be the name of your mod
  • “modbiome” should be the name of your biome
  • “biome” should stay as is
  1. Open “add to your manifest” with a text editor of your choice.

2. Add the lines for the trees you want to affect to your manifest

3. Profit! (and let me know if it worked or if you had issues, please! :smiley: )

Sidenote: Ignore the Joshua tree. It isn’t needed, I just forgot to delete it.

2 Likes

Fan art!

WIN_20180823_03_49_38_Pro

Acrylic on parchment/paper

8 Likes

I love these! :smile: :smile:
Great work!

1 Like

The Faewood is going to have some interesting trees, it seems;

large_acacia_tree

large_cactus_tree

5 Likes

It begins!

sifter

5 Likes

Kitty-o-loom!

4 Likes

I laughed :jubilant:

1 Like

I thought it was a kitty carrier at first.

Failed experiment;

Was trying to make something that normally uses one model, instead use “one_of”. But using a mixinto with the new information didn’t work; had to override it before it would do what I wanted.

Hate using overrides; does anyone possibly know a better means of going about it?

catclothes.zip (121.6 KB)

Here’s my concept test. Currently still set as an override from my last run of it. Any help is appreciated.

If I have some time at work I’ll take a look, should work exactly like I made my shields work I guess.

You can instead use this (in a normal mixinto file)

{
	"components": {
		"model_variants": {
			"mixintypes": {
				"default": "override"
			},
			"default": {
				"models": [
					{
						"type": "one_of",
						"items": [
							"file(worker_outfit.qb)",
							"file(worker_outfit_red.qb)"
						]
					}
				]
			}
		}
	}
}

It will only override that section of the file.
mixintypes have to be placed right before what you want to target, and it has to be on the same level hierarchy (a sibling)
Inside it you write what you are replacing (the “default”), and follow it with the keyword “override” to tell it what to do (the other word is remove, to simple delete something without replacing)

The reason you couldn’t do with a normal mixinto is because in an array [ ], there is no index you can select to target what you want to change. There is no “targetable_left_side”: “variable_right_side”. So the game will simple add another entry there.

For more about this “mixintypes” check here: Mixintypes

2 Likes

Thank you, Bruno! That did the trick, and I have that link bookmarked now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm… white undershirt, or dusty brown?

4 Likes

So, I decided to try to make a way so you can choose your starting worker outfits, as opposed to having them randomize through the set of new ones I design. And it sorta works…

…they just start off in their undies…

But then can be customized into the outfits correctly with HoMF:

5 Likes