Kitty's Design Corner

Now it’s oficial: I need “Honorable Noob” on green next to my name! LOL

Love the modeling! That’s probably one of my favorite parts of this game, the models.

And someone should make a playable race of cats. That would be great.

1 Like

and its updated - so you just need to get the new version of lomh

Hah, that (cat race) was a project idea of mine way back when I started
playing with MagicaVoxel, actually, though I never went back to it. Maybe I
should play with it again sometime? Though then I’d have to bog my faithful
everything-else man Wiese into putting together yet another mod xD

Don’t feel bad, I made that mistake at least once :wink:
Trust me, if it was that easy, I’d have an entire rainbow edition of LoMH atm xD

@balsacat, @Kittyodoom and @Wiese2007:

Ok, now it’s time to talk seriously. I want you guys to team up with me, 'cause I have this project of a cat race myself too. The temporary name is Purrfect Villagers! <3

Speaking of cats, there’s a mod called Wild Settlers, of cute wolfs. Their team mention that whey want to do another race of wilds, and I assume that they are planning to do big cats, like tigers. So my ideia is to portrait only little tamed cats to avoid any problems.

As features, I was thinking of customize this:
1 - fur color, and add stripes and big splashes as also as a complementary fur feature.
2 - muzzle shape, color and size.
3 - nose shape, color and size.
4 - tail shape, color and size.
5 - eyes shape and color.
6- Paws patterns.

With this 5 design features, I think we can cover a lot of possibilities of design of cats.

There’s two more things:
7 - I’m considering that as “hair”, we can do bangs, and also ponytails for the lady cats, and funny mustaches for the gentlemen cats. I dunno how you may feel about it, some may think its wierd. Oh well…
8 - After saying that I’m pro-mustaches-on-cats, may sound strange that I don’t want they to have wear clothes. The thing is that I think they would be so much cute to see their fur patterns on their backs, and also get they to be more like the bunny race models. But I would be totally fine if they have to wear clothes. I’ll not be the one having to walk around 100% covered on fur AND fabric, and feeling little eletric shocks. XD

For the mod’s future, I don’t want it to be just a cosmetic thing, like the current status of the Wild Settlers (that by the way, the models are adorable beyond words, and OMG they have tails!!). I want it to show up like Ascendency and RC do, right in the menu selection. It’s a dandy wish? I dunno. WS team said that they are also planning to do it so.

My plan include to call @BrunoSupremo to brainstorm with us about a custom map for them, with:
9 - custom buildings that dialogue with the ideia of a cat race (I hope Radiant Team evolves the building modeling a little bit, so I can elaborate better this idea).
10 - Custom plants, like catnip, and add mouses and geckos as new critters.

Ok, now you can call me dandy. I blame my 8 cats for this. XD

1 Like

You Sir, are a trully gentleman!
Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

You have 8 cats? That’s amazing!

I actually don’t even own the game (my present computer can’t run it, only a two core processor and a Mac to boot), but I will get it soon when I can upgrade to a desktop. (That’s partly why I posted about the multicore optimizing, I will be using a Ryzen.) But I can supply ideas, especially lore. I’m already having some neat thoughts about the lore… I’ll explain later when I’m more aware of what I want to do.

Just a suggestion, not all of the cat models should be based on domestic cats, some should be based on small wild cats. If you are wondering “what do you mean by small wild cats”, look at this link: https://wildcatconservation.org/. You will be inspired.

And for the map… how about @BrunoSupremo’s canyon, but with swamp in the valleys? It doesn’t make sense right now, but it will once I explain my lore ideas, so just hang with me.

2 Likes

I’m dead by cuteness! :heart_eyes:
OMG look at those ears!

@balsacat I want your ideas, all of then. If i have a bit of time left tonight, I’ll draw some of the cats designs that I have in mind.

They’re a family of stray cats that I adopted a few years ago. I also have 3 stray dogs. And I want to have some cockatoos in the future! :laughing:

1 Like

You know, these would’ve been epic in the Archipelago. Hum

5 Likes

He looks ready to pick up the broom and scrub the ship’s deck! lol

2 Likes

@Fornjotr is really good with non-standard buildings. We got a few sketchs for the goblin kingdom, where he created some nice designs. We are just waiting for the new building update to start on it, as we need buildings with different sized walls and doorways, which is not possible now with the wall tool.

4 Likes

A cellar door! Because the Benefactor asked for one…for some reason.
wooden_cellar_door.qb (94.6 KB)

Not one of my best works, but I did tell her I’d never made a trap door before…
wooden_trap_door.qb (165.3 KB)

4 Likes

stone_bunny_totem.qb (69.4 KB)

sandy_bunny_totem.qb (68.2 KB)

sandy_bunny_statue.qb (40.4 KB)

wooden_bunny_statue.qb (40.4 KB)

mossywooden_bunny_statue.qb (40.4 KB)

11 Likes

@BrunoSupremo Tiki xD

1 Like

I really, really like the sandy bunny totem. It’s a more welcoming set of colors than the solid gray of the stony version.

2 Likes

The stony one is just the bunny’s original colouring, as opposed to the sandy one which I made myself; the sandy bunny’s colours were inspired by the monkey shrine; then for the totem, I made every other bunny a slightly darker version, to make them stand off from the one they were sitting on :smiley_cat:

1 Like

stone_bunny_altar.qb (498.1 KB)

flowerbox_bunny_statue.qb (70.6 KB)
(inspired by the flower box from the Settlement Decor mod)

headless_stonebunny_statue.qb (40.4 KB) and a pox on you

easterhead_stonebunny_statue.qb (40.4 KB)

runic_stonebunny_lamp.qb (17.1 KB)
(inspired by @8BitCrab’s Rune mod)

stonebunny_wooden_lamppost.qb (351.0 KB)

lanternbunny_wooden_lamppost.qb (351.0 KB)

9 Likes

“I surrender to our new bunny overlords…”

4 Likes

These are looking SPECTACULAR!

Please tell me someone is working to make them useable in a mod… there’s enough here for a full Ancient One ruined city, and I reckon that would be simply amazing to play with.

That lamp post actually looks a bit like a staff to me, which gets me thinking it would make for an awesome piece of Cleric kit, or as a talisman for a Bunny Priest class… (somewhere between Herbalist, Cleric and Shepherd)

1 Like