[Kickstarter] Town of Salem

I’ve been playing this browser game for quite a while now… and I’ve since found out it has a kick starter!

Town of Salem is a mafia-game about murder, mystery and deception. You play as 1 of many roles, and you have either one of two goals to accomplish: Kill all the Evil-doers or Kill all the innocent!

The game is very fun, and easy to pick up… I recommend it!

PS: You can play it now, over on this website.

1 Like

I’m picking up on some pentup anger issues @Alfie … take some time off this week… :wink:

4 Likes

I… I don’t think I’m angry. Am I? I don’t know, but I can say I successfully won a round as the Godfather of the Mafia without being suspected at all… :wink:

2 Likes

I remember playing that game with friends at a party. Quite fun accusing eachother without any evidence at all. “Your sweater is too red, you must be a killer”.

2 Likes

~Im addicted to it already

@Alfie We hate @SteveAdamo for this already you know. Just a warning.

You don’t need to back it… :wink:

It is hard not to if its such a good game!

It’s a very fun game.

1 Like

I’ve never lost a round as the serial killer or the Godfather… I’m too good at being evil. :smiley:

How the hell do you play?

You’ll pick it up eventually… hopefully.

So that’s a “I will never know?”…Ok…

Look up the party game called “Mafia”

I wish that there was a Party Feature where you can invite your Friends to play in a Private Game.

1 Like

That would be nice. But then you’d need 15 people?

Super fun game! I missed it on Kickstarter, but I got into this last week.

Pros:
Super fun, manages to re-kindle some of that old board game fun when you’re alone. It seems to be a game that people play just for the sake of winning and nothing else (you don’t get internet points for winning), like King Arthur’s Gold. It is sort of a “first-in-genre” for me at least, having not played a similar game ever on the computer. Sort of like Papers Please, it will be the comparison for all future similar games. Really an impressive thing.

Cons:
As of now it is unmonitored/censored, so it ends up being pretty profane much of the time. Not a problem for me, but hard to “show off” to the wife or facebook. Also, super confusing, takes maye 20+ games to really get the hang of it. Maybe several times that number. I hope the official version has a way to handle this.

As far as I’m aware they are not the same developer, so I feel free to say that it is a 1:1 ripoff of the SC2 mafia mod. They’ve copied about everything, including layout, names and colors.

That being said, I’m not a fan of either, which is why I’ve written/am writing my own version in Garry’s Mod. With silly faces. It takes the “that guy has a red sweater” thing to the next stage, so to say, by randomly messing people’s faces up. As of now, you can re-roll the whole face, until you have one that you think fits best.

For example, imagine this guy was accused of being a mafioso. What would you say?

Arrest the dirty smug lookin’ fella!!!

1 Like

Oh wow yeah that looks incriminating :smiley: it looks like a few of the roles are different (there is no Survivor in Salem) but yeah. Yeah thats the same.