IT'S HAPPENING: Multiplayer available on another super-unstable Steam branch!

yeah it’s a top level key, it can sit next to "user_id"

2 Likes

there are now 7 peoples who try this :wink:

and it should looks at the end something like this:

{
“user_id” : “XXXXXXX”,
“enable_auto_save” : true,
“enable_analytics” : true,
“alpha_welcome” : {
“hide2” : true
},
“steam”: {
“keep_awake_timeout”: 9999999
},

4 Likes

ok kitty could join for the first time :smiley:

will later test if this also solves the rejoining on later game maps (just have a very lategame map with a friend who couldnt rejoin after some ingame days)

4 Likes

yes this seems to be an amazing fix! will see if the others (who could not join me) now can also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok can confirm this fix also helps with rejoining in later game games :smiley:

im curious: does this fix also fix the “crash/disconnect after placing flag/hearth for the first time” -bug?

I believe I still had that flag crash again while testing with someone who did not have the json edit, so I don’t think it works on the client side at least. It is a fast crash when I get it, it’s the instant I put the flag down.

Just tried this test with @TheHeiRou and he can also join (as can @Kittyodoom) so this looks like a good fix… but i am sure many would like to know… as it seems to have done the trick… how long until you push the fix into the build @ayazar and etc? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I imagine they’ll probably want to find the best possible setting. 10 seconds is clearly too small, but they might not want it to wait quite that long before timing out.

1 Like

yes… *connecting… * 10 hrs later… lol - i get it ofc :slight_smile:

• might still be some that it does not cure as well… but let’s hope :slight_smile:

I’m not a big PvP oriented person at all, much preferring cooperative play but an easy fix to this is just have a toggle when you create the game – pvp or pve. I’m pretty sure most people when logging up an MP session have an idea of which they want to play :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, when did the goals get added to the town info screen? I like it, though! image

10 Likes

Could you give me a specific example so I know which files to check?

1 Like

Seems my friend is unable to place their banner; when they load in, theres just no option to do anything. Completely unmodded

Look in unit_frame.js for the code that disables it on the client. For the server, check resource_node_component.lua. Command buttons are visible only to the entity’s owner by default if it’s owned, but can be overridden (e.g. open_character_sheet.json).

1 Like

Also, very unrelated. Happy Discourse Joinday @max99x.

6 Likes

Oooh, that visible_to_all_players flag is so sweet, thank you!

1 Like

ok looks like its not only me with the issue that in MP the townprogress campaign stops at town_founding_food_donation

This should be fixed in the next release.

4 Likes

The next release was planned for tomorrow right?