I’m relatively new to Stonehearth and recently used the modding sub-forum to try and find some mods. Although the forum is active and there’s some great mods around, I felt my experience could have been better. Finding updated mods was a bit of a pain.
Just testing the water here, but how do you feel about the creation of a nice portal to host these mods – like an independent Steam Workshop? Right now, I’m thinking the advantages would be:
- A place to host mod files that isn’t zippyshare, mediafire or Dropbox – properly organized, easily browsable and faster download speeds!
- Version control and bug fixes – Subscribe to your favorite modifications and receive notifications when mod authors release an update
- Mod ratings – See what’s good or bad before downloading a mod. See what’s popular and what’s not. Also, great for authors to get feedback on their work
- Mod author donations – Encourages authors to create more and keep mods updated. Stonehearth has a huge potential for a modding scene but we should be able to support our favourite mods, right? They take a lot of work to create.
- Mod authors get better statistics on file downloads
Good idea? Bad idea? Are people content with the modding sub-forum here?
I know a lot of people use github but it’s not exactly a frontend platform for non-developers.
Let me know what you think or tell me things you would want to see!