#impossibruh suggestion for minigame-esk crafting (As an option)

So I love minigames. I think taking a few ideas from a few games, like Fantasy Life would make the game a bit more interesting in the way that hearthlings create tools and furniture.
First off, the minigame. It could be something like connect the dots for somethign simple, or a timing minigame where you hit a nail, or twist a nail at the pinpoint time, adding points as you get closer and closer to the perfect time.
The higher the points you earn per minigame, the higher the quality of item that is crafted, will be given.
0-10 points (4+ mistakes) Normal Crafting output
11-30 points (2-3 mistakes) Fine Crafting Output
31-40 points (1 mistake) Masterful Crafting Output - Sells for 3x normal price
40+ points (no mistakes) Perfect Crafting Output, + Make it for free - Sells for 4.5x normal price

Just as a point to use as reference if this were to happen. (Not expecting anything)

I just feel the game is lacking in the let me do things department. Something like this could bring a bit of interesting things to be, you could make it required in quests, like caravan wants 2 perfect stone fountains and gives 400g or something like that. You could have it so there was more variety in the currently limited amount of things that are in-game with only a little bit of retexturing required. (Effectivly, you could make around 80 more items just by adding a bit of silver and gold trim to everything for masterful and perfect)

All of this would be optional of course, and you can stil play the game normally without having to do any crafting yourself. As your hearthling crafters level up, they get higher and higher chances of making these items with higher rating. (I’d say like 0.1% for perfect and maybe 2% for Masterful) just to keep it more efficent to do that yourself then just craft 1200 tables in hopes of getting 1 perfect one lol

There’s definitely not much chance for micro-management now, and while the devs have repeatedly said that they don’t want too much forced micro-management there used to be this plan of allowing people to go deeper in managing everything for the best results if they wanted to. [Personally, I just want control over equipment so I can play Fashionhearth with my military.]

That said, I don’t think I’d like outright minigames. There used be a time when the trapper was controlled very manually with a wierd shooting traps at animals minigame. I don’t remember all the details, it was before my time with this game. But apparently it got annoying and took up too much time, so they took it out for a reason.

1 Like

Well the whole point of this minigame is to make it easier to get better things, as an option, not required. Want to catch animals faster as a trapper? play that minigame, if you don’t care, just let the trapper do their thing.