Ideas for Magic

I was thinking of a mage class I call the ‘Arcanist’, which focuses on being a support mage and crafter for other mage classes. Skills are based primarily around transport and other transport secondary characteristics, such as perhaps telekinesis.

Domestic Spells!

Aer Stockpile

The Arcanist can select a stockpile of moderate size and, by casting this spell, carry the entire thing at once. After using the effect for too long, the Arcanist must rest.

Aer Symbol

The Arcanist engraves a tile on the ground, creating a zone in which all allies are pushed by arcane forces and can walk faster. The symbol costs time to engrave and is worn down with use. The sturdier the engraved surface is, the longer engraving takes but the longer they symbol lasts.

Battle Magic!

Aer Chains

The Arcanist attempts to lift an enemy creature into the air, effectively immobilizing it. The Arcanist quickly becomes tired using this spell. The larger the creature is, the more Arcanists are required to properly lift it and the more quickly they tire out.

Mystic Items!

Arcane Cell

A rune-engraved stone craftable by mages that when made temporarily takes away a large amount of their mystic power, leaving them unable to cast spells and forcing them to sleep for several days. When consumed by the mage, causes them to turn into a ghostly, arcane form in which they require no food and cannot be damaged by attacks but cannot interact with physical objects (crafting, building, casting spells etc.). Exiting this form requires several further days’ rest, over which they regain corporeality gradually.

Magus Conduit

The Magus Conduit is an ornately carved rod, preferably of valuable metal, that allows limited, one-way teleportation. Arcanists can construct a reciever circle in a building in your town, and when the rod is discharged the user and all nearby allies are transported into a reciever building of the user’s choice. The rod is destroyed upon use.

2 Likes

Two words… Ecstatic Seizures!

I think we should keep magic simple and practical. lol

Love love love the ideas!!! You guys are so creative. Keep them coming!!!

I love the idea of utility spells as much as I love a good old fashioned fireball during combat. Summoning spells like hinted for the geomancer summoning titans or elementals would be so fantastic in a game like this.

I would use the hell out of rumble tumble. Imagine something manages to beat a hole in your wall, tumble the area while your magma smith or geomancer magicks the wall back into place. The other option is to tumble the enemy units and shoot projectiles at them from outside the area of effect.

Hi i’m new here and here are som suggestions(this may look wierd because im writing this on my phone).

Magic:

The dev team has already said that they wanted to make magic something very rare and hard to come by, other people want magic to be common and nothing super special. I have a idea that is a compromise between the two ideas.

1 A way to make mages invincible is to create a mana system. When wizard have used all his mana he becomes super weak. He becomes very slow and his hp goes down witch makes him a easy target for his enemies. The only way to get his mana back is to rest a long time(depending on how much mana he has left).

2 You should only be able to have one type of mage at the same time. You can’t just have 5 battle mages that could mess up anyone that comes close to your town, to fix this is only being able to have: 1 battle-mage 1 summoner etc. And you should have to make a choice a ice mage that could freze enemies and have spells that don’t cost as much mana or the fire mage that could destroy youre enemies quick and painfull(burning is problebly painfull), the necromancer that can raise the dead and make skeletons fight for you or the summoner that can create golems to build and fight(suggestions for mages and powers come later) these choices depends on your playstyle and should really change the dynamics of da game.

3 Ideas:
The fire mage.
Spells: firebolt, flames(flamethrower) and Wall of fire(enemies can walkthrou but will take damage)

Strenghs: Very offensiv, good against strong enemies,
Weakneses: easely killed, depletes mana quick.
Or
Ice mage

Spells: Frezee(frezees enemies), ice floor(makes enemies fall and slow down Malung them an easy target for archers), wall of ice(creates a strong Wall.

Strenghts: suport unit, very good against many enemies( with some support)

Weakness: spells do little damage, bad against big enemies(titans ignore the spells effect)

The necromancer
Spells: Reanimate(reanimates fallen enemie/villager), turn undead(makes a skeleton fight for you for a period of time), dead hands(dead hands tries to take weaker enemies in a cirten area and pull them down)

Strenghs: hard to overrun, takes 60% less damage from undead.

Weaknes: if a stronger opponent is reanimated it may turn on its master depending on how strong it was in life.
No offensiv spells, slow.
Or
The summoner
Spells: summon golem(max 2 that builds and fight), magick rune(if the magma builds a statue out of a rare material(later) the summoner can place a rune and it will come allive and kill enemies in a certain area) summon allie(teleoports selected villager)

Strenghts: High hp and defense(for being a mage), support

Weakness: no offensiv spells, golems are bad against hammers, takes recourses to summon golem, uses a lot of mana.

The druid
Spells lightning strike(summons lightning at a single enemy), tree allie ( makes selected tree alive that start attacking all enemies), harmony(enemies stops attacking)

Strengths: works in almost any situation. Animals wont attack him/her,
Faster mana regen when close to a tree.

Weaknes: harmony wont work against undead, low hp,
Or
The healer
Spells: healing hand(heals villeger), hope(makes villegers work faster), magick shield(shields against magik)

Strenghts: a very supportiv unit, lots of mana, fast regen.

Weakness almost no protection, when out mana he/she faints, low hp

4 How to get these wizards? You have to get lets say a titans eye so you can get a fire wizard(the wizard have to work for some time to become one). And to get a necromancer you must first go to another dimension and kill a boss and take a staff that the soon to be necromancer must examine for sometime etc. This is it for this post im going to post some more when people respons.

I just want to point out that magic is spelled magic. Also the best way to get a Wizard is the 8th son (Or daughter) of an 8th son (Or daughter).

1 Like

@Newf thanks for telling me.

hey there @Supergamer33, welcome aboard! :smile:

for what its worth, we know the team has an interest in zombies, so something like this might surface eventually:

Can we raise the dead?

Yes …it has to make it in, we don’t know how, but it has to make it in. There will be some way, you might not like it. Maybe this is how the zombie apocalypse starts … maybe the penalty for losing someone is that you have to ‘res’ them, and ‘ressing’ them too often could turn them into a zombie … zombie apocalypse should be a way to lose the game

this role may already be filled (to a certain extent) by the Geomancer… although it is not typically considered an offensive unit…

1 Like

@SteveAdamo thanks i forgot there was a geomancer.

Isn’t there gonna be a dark magic like bolts of dark energy walls of dark material something like that strong weak against everything except other magicians or something

So what do you guys think about my idea?

I love it you actually reminded me of magic I the game

@Gridnick Thanks dude! I’m going to sacrafice an ant(in your honor) to the zombie overlords.

I would love to be able to summon demons and undead and I would like to discuss the idea of a demon (over-)lord. This guy could work like a titan from an alternate plane, so you could form a contract with him (easier summonings and/or controlling of demons, requires offerings like souls) or you can (try) to defeat him to gain different advantages / save your city. If that’s “too simple” you could distribute different demons to different overlords.
I know this is a lot to demand, but maybe someone (crazy) will create some cool mod :smile: