I can't get past the Achernar conversation in FrostFeast

I tried yet again to play FrostFeast. I made sure that I had no mods running, other than Rayya’s Children and FrostFeast. Attached is the save game at the daily report right before Achernar sends his first message.

1514856372509.zip (5.4 MB)

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. I’ve enjoyed FrostFeast so far, but it is getting depressing to keep crashing to desktop at the same place for no reason that I can see.

And here’s another save game that crashed to desktop at the exact same place. :forlorn:

1515025617063.zip (5.6 MB)

This time I made sure that there was no mod conflict, since I removed all extra mods to another folder in another place.

Sadly, I’m done trying FrostFeast for now, unless there’s a fix.

If anyone IS able to play completely through the story I would LOVE to hear how or what you are doing differently from me.

Okay, I used the method that @tim1 suggested in the other FrostFeast thread Frostfeast 2016! moar frost, moar feast.

It seems to have worked and the story is moving along. I’m not sure (of course) what I’m missing by removing those 4 sections from the .smod, though. :merry:

Also, why would those 4 pieces of code crash the game? O.o

They are 2 animations and effects, so the cultist camp structures won’t be animated and won’t have effects. When those aren’t correct in the smod file, they can crash the game instead of just sending an error message. These errors are probably caused by changes that were implemented to the game during last year which weren’t updated in the frostfeast mod, since these only occured after some playtime, thus probably didn’t occur during the bugfinding.

1 Like