How to view difficulty in game

I just started a new game and i’m unsure of if i’m on peaceful or on normal, is there anyway to figure out which difficulty setting your game is on while in game?

1 Like

Well, your first enemy encounter should make it pretty clear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In general, enemies start showing up when you have a moderately high military score or town worth. If you have, say, 5 buildings and some furniture and you haven’t had any invasions after completing them then you’re on peaceful. If you get an invasion event, you’re on normal.

You may get an event related to the entlings wanting you to return some wood, this is a peaceful event although it can still lead to combat from what I’ve heard.

Either way, my advice to you would be to get yourself an herbalist and start power-training them into a cleric. Whether you’re fighting enemies or not, having a cleric around boosts your hearthlings in other ways; and if any of your hearthlings get trapped the cleric can hold off starvation damage while you get them out (assuming you don’t want to use commands like teleporting them out… it’s a personal preference thing)

If you are open to using console commands, you can always spawn in enemies or even full encounters later on in a peaceful game – it can be a great way to give yourself a “safe” practice fight while you’re still learning the ropes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, I haven’t hit an encounter and im at 12 hearthlings so I’m probably on peaceful!, appreciate the help, I will try to use console commands.

For anyone that happens to google this in the future, there’s a console command for this in alpha 19.

Push Cntrl + c

Type get_game_mode

2 Likes

what i do to place on peaceful/normal?