How to determine the positioning of objects?

Is it possible to set up one recipe so it requires “either Workbench A or Workbench B”?
I have not been able to perform this; and if it is possible, I don’t think the logic to prefer one workbench over another is implemented.

However, if you’re up for the task, it should be possible to set up the logic for it, @TheRedBaron91 :slight_smile:

The mentioned tool is called the Entity Editor and looks like a little “pen and rubber” imo.
In case you want some futher introduction to this tool, @TheRedBaron91, I’ve written very briefly about it here.
I believe you will have to add both the Model and Region Origins, before they show up in the Entity Editor.

I typically add just whatever numbers (e.g. x=y=z=1) in both Model Origin and Region Origin in my JSON file, and then I boot up Stonehearth to find the correct numbers.
Just as Bruno say, this is a good method (imo) to find your region-numbers.

I also try to keep all axis of my .qb files in the same “times table”. If X is a evenly divisible with 5, I make sure Y and Z is as well; and so on. This helps me to find the correct scale once my model is imported into Stonehearth.
I don’t know if a model with X=15, Y=15, and Z=12 will become “distorted” if you set the scale to 0.5 as an example - I have not tried it, as I ensist with keeping my times table “logic”. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes