How many people can I manage up to 4 gb of Ram for the game?

My computer is old but this game is very nice and how many people can I manage with a 4 gb Ram 3ghz processor?

Well, I have 8GB RAM and my pc is damn old … I can handle up to around 26, without hard laggs.

I’ve actually managed a little more than 20 people in a game of their short-term play. But it doesn’t taste good when you play for a short time.

Oddly enough, older computers are sometimes very good at playing Stonehearth – modern computers may be more powerful, but sometimes that power isn’t used by the game. If you have a fast processor, even if it doesn’t have a lot of cores, it can still run the game better than you would expect.

Playing in short sessions definitely helps, but you should be able to go for about an hour before you get any significant build-up of “junk data” that you would want to re-start the game to clear. It’s generally recommended to take breaks every couple of hours for health reasons anyway; so I find that combining the two works really well – I just pause the game, save, shut it down back to desktop, and then take a 5 minute break or do some small chore before starting the game up again. I find that pausing the game before saving helps it to load easier, since the game doesn’t have to run the simulation while it’s also trying to load the save.

4GB of RAM should handle the game ok, especially if you’re not doing any crazy big projects. The times when Stonehearth chews up RAM is when you build really large or complicated structures, when there are lots and lots of enemies around, when you have huge numbers of hearthlings, or when there’s some other really “big” event happening that effects a large area of the game-world and causes the game to need to do lots of pathfinding checks or updates to items.

Running a neat and tidy town with all the items stored away, no resources laying on the ground, and tasks getting finished quickly (not “stacking up” in a queue) allows the game to run well even on old and not-very-powerful computers. The main thing that causes the game to use up lots of memory or processor power is when it has to make lots of decisions all at once; you can help prevent that by making more decisions yourself so that the computer doesn’t have to. And that’s really what the game is about – making decisions and designing solutions.