Hmm Question about the Tier Rewards

Don’t worry, @SteveAdamo and I are making the necessary changes to the FAQ, and we’ll notify the team that this might be something they need to make people aware of.

2 Likes

so many FAQs… so many guides… so many threads…

Calgon! take me away!

2 Likes

You sound like you could use some cocoa and an assistant again… brings @SteveAdamo hot cocoa

1 Like

Just hold a pistol to his head… it will make him work faster! Its proper motivation!

Water pistol. We only use peaceful, yet effective tools.

2 Likes

I had a question that is kinda similar to this thread. Sorry if it is not.

I unfortunately did not discover this great game until after the KS backing had stopped. I have the alpha but I know that I do not qualify for any of the Tier Rewards.

My question is will any of these tier rewards be available in the game after you make a certain amount of progress? Example would be to find a dragon egg or mammoth during a quest. or be able to tame/breed dogs and cats.

I understand that part of the reward is having something that others that didn’t back don’t have is the point of the reward but the fact that you get them from the start is a reward in itself. You wouldn’t have to work for them.

Another thing that could be done is that the rewards could be colored/shaded differently to distinguish them from the vanilla ones you get through the gameplay. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

we heard early on that the rewards from the campaign, would be exclusive to the campaign backers… things can always change (i suppose), but thats the current stance…

alternatives to the original backer rewards is a possibility though… and of course, there will be a plethora of mods that just might closely resemble the backer rewards… :wink:

1 Like

I do think it would be awesome if @Tom added in something like a backflip animation to the actual pets, or something along those lines to make them unique, as animations are hard to reproduce, and then hard code the files so they were inaccessible or something, but obviously I don’t particularly want to detract from the proper development :wink: it would just be nice for our support to be showable, even if the important part is providing them with the money they needed to make SH and getting a new indie company on their feet.

I very much appreciate that you show sense and understanding toward the backers. I just don’t think variants of the pets should be a thing, unless it’s an actual large mod like one that say added tons of different types of dogs to the games (and possibly they had a purpose). If it’s just a mod to give everyone backer pets, I will make my frowny face, and you will all be scared. :angry:

But you don’t need variants! Have a monkey pet! Wait, I want a monkey pet. Who’s not getting to work on my gosh darn monkey?! :monkey_face:

3 Likes

There’s not really much to add in terms of the pets, but like @SteveAdamo has mentioned, and I’ll whisper this …

[size=4] I’m sure someone will mod their own pets in [/size]

Now, the first person to mod me a pet Giant Panda is sure gonna get some sweet pictures reward!

Can I just make a model? :wink:

If I wanted a model.

I’d ask for a model.

Some people …

2 Likes

:frowning: What if I replace @Newf in the game with this giant panda bear?

That would be sacriligous…but if you want to put me in the gane I got a model ready to go

I think most folks will be less troubled by not having the specific models from the campaign, as soon as folks like @Froggy and other modeling experts starts introducing their models into the game (that can leverage the same animations)…

2 Likes