Hidden Abilities and Classes! [Hearthling achievements!]

Qubicle = bad
MagicaVoxel = Good, but can’t open files

Actually I’m using StoneVox! It’s really easy to use and when I said sketch I meant it, like with a pencil and paper.

And the saboteur is complete! Please give a hearty welcome to Shanda!

4 Likes

I didn’t even want to touch that, I just replied to that because it was the lowest on the list. Sketchings nice.

Okay, that solves some problems with modeling

I think I made a typo somewhere here

I didn’t even notice how tiring it was to model/re-model like that. Also, while modelling the “Statue of Cid” for the Quest for [name]ship thread, I couldn’t use the human male body model because the statue is kneeling.

Yeah I’ve been cranking out the character models but it is tiring after a while.

Anyway back on topic! So to all those WorldWideWeblings that are reading this, I’ve got a request. These classes all have their different abilities some of which are pretty powerful, some that are downright OP and others that add a whole new thing to the game! (I’m looking at you Tavern Keeper!) So what I’m asking is for your input on this topic, doesn’t matter if it’s class ideas or abilities or just a spin-off idea! Let me know what you think!

1 Like

Okay everyone, I’ve added a little to the unique classes and I’ve added Wolf-Kin and Historian!

1 Like

Side note: Very good ideas ! I literally don’t know how you come up with this stuff. Maybe do something like @Relyss in your post to notify them of it? Oh wait… I’ve already done it now : P

Hah! Yeah, good idea I was waiting for a bit more community interest first but that works! Also all my ideas come from my muse which may or may not be crazy… He/She/It is hungry though…(actually I’m just good at world building and a little crazy… for example in one of my D&D campaigns I have Paratrooper orcs droping out of giant city sized steampunk airships made by enslaved dwarves. You know something’s wrong when the orcs are the most technologically advanced race.)

Okay guys, Sorry that I haven’t been posting stuff but I have finals next week so I’m going to be gone for another week or so.

1 Like

I really like the idea that certain jobs can be unlocked, but remain ‘hidden’ until unlocked. Makes it really cool to see how many meals you have cooked etc.

2 Likes
  1. Everyone, please go to my post as well and comment some creative criticizm
  2. I hate how both of our threads have been dead for a while now

I’m not dead! Just busy getting ready for an internship!

See! Here’s the Ranger! Please welcome Tanava! She’s kind of a recluse who lives in a cabin up in the north-eastern mountains. Great hunter but not so great at public speaking. (Not actually one of Cid’s Compatriots. By the time of the Reclamation War she was 64 and had 17 grand-kids. Not saying she couldn’t have but she was kind of busy.)

#Not Dead!

3 Likes

You should make a stonehearth timeline I feel like, 1 in 1000000 chance it would get accepted?
And yeah, as long as I don’t see views coming it I’m calling it dead. At least bump this thread up if you like it 556 people.

1 Like

Alright I did it! along with some other stuff…Tales From the Hearthland: A History Lesson [Fan-History?]

3 Likes

Hi everyone! It’s been awhile but I was doing some stuff after work today and this is the result!

Coming in with a rush of flames and leaving only embers in her wake! I present Carmine the Scorching Lance!

So Carmine is a Dragoon, specifically an Infernal Dragoon. Dragoons are masters of the lance and unleash devastating jump attacks upon their foes. The mightiest of these warriors add the fury of the elements to their attacks choosing to add either earth (Terrestrial Dragoon- AOE Shockwaves), ice (Blizzard Dragoon- Freezes the foe), or fire (Infernal Dragoon- Sets the foe aflame) to their arsenal.

So the dragoon is a class that I’m kind of working on in addition to my other projects but let me know what you guys think and if you like it i’ll hash it out in full.

1 Like

Patiently searching for Carmine the Scorching Lance in the lore thread

I haven’t actually decided exactly where she is in the timeline but it’s sometime between the Era of Spirits and the Era of Unification.

Also because I figured people would want the files for the class models:

Architect:Body.qb (4.2 MB)
Head.qb (154.0 KB)

Bastion:Body.qb (4.4 MB)

Dragoon:Carmine.qb (5.3 MB)

Giant Slayer: armor.qb (4.6 MB)
hair.qb (154.0 KB)
Body.qb (4.5 MB)
Head.qb (154.0 KB)

Ranger:Ranger.qb (4.3 MB)

Saboteur:Body.qb (4.4 MB)

Sword Dancer:Body.qb (4.5 MB)
Head.qb (154.0 KB)

1 Like

Was thinking about the lich king when i saw the Giant slayer segment.
With Frostmourne consuming souls to grow strongen. :scream:

Kind of but it’s less soul consuming and more stealing the foe’s impact on the world, their myth in other words, and using them for itself. The rumors and tales of a person have power, often going unnoticed but the magic of the myth blade allows it to take that power and manifest it into a tangible form. This applies to the wielder as well, any rumors and myths about them can eventually become truth through the myth blade’s power, for example Radona the Thunder-Breaker can call lightning to her side and use it to empower her attacks but she has no magic of her own, she isn’t a mage and her abilities have nothing to do with magic in the sense of spell-craft. It’s far more primal then that, whenever Radona went into battle it coincided with a lightning storm and eventually people believed she was the cause. Once enough people believed that then the myth blade took that belief and manifested it as the ability to summon and control lightning. Most abilities are unique to the slayer but sometimes they can show up again when the myths overlap. In this case it’s because the hearthlings believe that all Giant Slayers can use lightning to attack that the present day one can use Thunderous Blow. Now this myth becoming reality isn’t unique to the myth blade, mages do it all the time by forcing their belief on the world to cast a spell and the titans of old had myths so renowned it made them live far beyond their natural lifespan because people simply believe they are still around. The reason Giant Slayers can do this though is the fact that the myth blades are crafted out of items with high magical or mythical importance, such as the bones of a titan or a sword passed down for generations or even a rock that people believe is a meeting place for the fey. The only special ability the Giant Slayers have is that they seem to just stumble upon these items at random and how to combine them to create a focus for the belief around them. This is due to the fact that the Giant Slayers were Rayya’s first attempt at making the Hearthkin’s champions. It didn’t go so well, sure they defended the Hearthlings well enough but they were unpredictable and reckless and prone to vanishing after the deed was done.

I’ll go over this a bit more in my lore thread tomorrow but the gist of it in in-game terms the myth blade is capable of stealing exp from foes when they die to increase it’s own damage and grant fantastic abilities to it’s wielder when their personal legend gets strong enough. (When they reach lv:6.)

Some Notable Giant Slayers:
Icagrus the Harbinger: Always seemed to show up just before a titan would attack, rumored to be able to predict the beasts arrival. Gained the ability to know the location of any titans within a day’s journey.

Sodom and Gomorrah the Twin Calamities: Their battles with titans cause extreme collateral damage and while none of it was their fault they gained the ability to cause explosions on impact.

Forroria the Undying: Rumored to have been killed several times but was always seen later perfectly fine.
So called deaths: House collapsed on top of her…She was in the cellar.
Fell off a cliff…She landed on a hidden ledge below and rolled into a cave while knocked unconscious.
Thrown into raging rapids…Managed to grab onto a log before swept downstream.
Incinerated by dragon fire… Actually the dragon just sneezed out the cave entrance…What you don’t sneeze on guests that’s rude!
Died of poison…Actually this one is true but by this time she had gained her ability of being unable to die an unnatural death.

Legendary Myth Blades:
Some myth blades are passed on to other wielders beyond their first retaining their strength until finally they gain a myth of their own and with it their own unique abilities.
Some Examples:
Excalibur: A sword rumored to have never lost a fight. It’s wielders are incapable of losing so long as it is possible for them to win without the blade. To clarify if they could win through luck then they will win with Excalibur. This does not mean that they can’t lose. Excalibur only comes into play if there is the slightest chance they can win without it so if they need a sword to cut through a titan’s flesh and they only have Excalibur around, well they can’t actually win then can they without Excalibur and its just a normal sword for the fight. They could still win but it isn’t guaranteed.

Gea’ Bolg: A spear that supposedly never misses. It will always go to where the wielder aims it but that doesn’t mean it will hit the target. It will always pass through the point in space where the wielder aims but the target might not be there when the spear gets there.

Izzkaril: A knife that is said to cause pain without cutting. This knife has a conceptual edge, ignores armor and does not actually wound the target but leaves debilitating phantom pain that will last until the time required for the nonexistent real wound to heal.

Nykosoro: Said to have an insatiable lust for blood there are rumors that this arrow is cursed. Once this arrow has touched blood it will always point to the thing who’s blood it is. If the arrow does not kill the owner of the blood it touched it will kill the user.

Alright goodnight guys also @Artain don’t worry I should have most of this up on the other thread tomorrow night along with another chapter of Radona’s story.

2 Likes

@John_Lau That’s great! What can I say…
Keep it up and maybe do something like the ‘Juuchi Yosamu’ and ‘Yawarakai - Te’ (See: Masamune - Wikipedia)

I DID RESEARCH.

Here’re some ideas for those to finish it off:

Juuchi Yosamu:
Said to still be sharp after 10000 years (or 10000 winters), to this day it cuts anything it meets, it’s written that even a titan could be cut by it with a single slice. The dark blade, however, curses the user, binding him to always wield the sword, be bloodthirsty and in cases of a novice swordman/woman taking it, changes him/her to be nocturnal.

Yawarakai - Te:
Similiarly to it’s evil counter-part, this holy sword can cut through anything, but it does not cut needlessly. Like tender hands of a mother, it shall not cut things innocent, and yet like a hand of a father, can cut anyone who opposes it’s master’s way.

And if you wanna implement them into the game:

Juuchi Yosamu:

• Gives incredible attack power (25 for the matter of balance)
  • If used by a footman/footwoman, causes them to be nocturnal
  • Increased attack if the enemy hasn’t hurt any comrades.
  • Black design
  • If the user does not kill any enemies for one week, he dies.

Yawarakai - Te:

• Gives incredible attack power (20 for matter of balance)
  • If used by a person with the trait “Couragous”, it has increased attack if the enemy hurt a comrade
  • White design
  • If the user kills an innocent enemy, he gets double mood decrease called “killed an innocent creature”
1 Like

Nice, I’m impressed! But remember the world of the hearthkin is not ours and has a different past. Some weapons are the same as they are here others, exist but with different myths, and still others have no counterpart to our world so make up some weapons! Also not all legendary weapons are the result of myth blades! Some are due to magic used in the crafting process and others are enchanted later! But yeah the reason I went into the myth blades so much is because you can get them though the tavern keeper’s abilities as rewards for completing requests from the [Entities] that can be seen at Lv:6
Also here you go:
Excalibur.qb (37.0 KB)

Gae Bolg.qb (37.0 KB)

Izzkaril.qb (15.0 KB)

Nykosoro.qb (15.0 KB)

Also Dragoon is in the first post.

1 Like