Herbalist Not Doing Job

Summary:
Playing A21 (3362). I noticed the herbalist doesn’t heal anyone the way he or she should. Was playing a game last night, had two footmen, both were badly injured and laying in bed waiting for treatment. The herbalist wouldn’t heal them. He’d craft more bandages and potions immediately if I queued them, but he’d either go idle or start hauling items immediately after. I saw him take a single potion to one of the footmen once, after they had been lying there for a while, but he went idle afterward and didn’t try treating them again.
Steps to reproduce:
May not need to do this exactly, but I’m putting what I did.

1. Start game as Rayya’s Children, in desert, on normal mode, with Food for Days.
  2. Play game normally, being sure to get a footman or two and an herbalist
  3. Craft a few bandages or other healing items, and get your footmen injured badly enough to need treatment.

Expected Results:
Herbalist takes healing items to the bedridden Hearthlings and heals them.
Actual Results:
Herbalist idles or hauls items to stockpiles, ignoring injured Hearthlings.
Notes:
Not sure if traits would affect this at all, but my herbalist had Courageous and Cultist as traits, and his mood has constantly been content or better.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods, version listed above
System Information:
On my phone, so don’t have this info handy

Sorry if this has been reported before, a brief scan through the bug reports section didn’t reveal anything for me.

there is a debuff when a potion or bandage is used. better make some more powerful bandages?

I know about the debuff, but it wasn’t active. I actively watched my herbalist as soon as the battle ended because my footmen’s health was slowly getting lower due to more encounters happening before they were fully healed. I even disabled hauling on my herbalist at one point to see if that would help. It didn’t. He eventually did grab a potion and used it on one of the footmen, but he didn’t help the other one at all.

I eventually got tired of yelling at him to do his job and just had him quickly make a book and upgraded him to cleric. At least he got some early experience in that while finally healing those poor footmen.

3 Likes

My bad then @Chief_0110 :slight_smile: I guess the developers could make good use of the savegame if you could upload it at some point? Have a great day and warm drinks soothe your vocalcords in my experience :merry:

1 Like

Do you have a save from before you made your herbalist into a cleric? I followed your steps above and did not reproduce the error.

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1 Like