Help with my first mod

I don’t have Qubical, I’m using MagicaVoxel, and I could be completely wrong about this, but the best I have figure so far is the axis is the most left and front part of the voxel. If I wrong, my googlefu skills are failing me at the moment. I don’t know what I did, but I somehow broke my original files to the point where the red grids weren’t showing up, and the bed wasn’t functioning as a bed at all.

So I kept my qb files, and scraped the rest. I recopied the json files from a different bed than what I used the first time, used the debug tools to figure out the offesets in the same way @Dragonir did. Then I added in the part to change the voxel to the “occupied” one when someone is sleeping in it and it all seems to be working now.

On the rotation issue with the iconic being placed with the stamper tool rotating, I figured out that is an issue with stonehearth overall, not just my files, as it does it to other entities as well.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me figure this out. Probably best that my first go at this was a problem child, I have a good feel for how some of the json arrays are set up now rather than if I would have just edited once and it worked.

I Did’nt think about that [quote=“xxdalexx, post:22, topic:23095”]
I added in the part to change the voxel to the “occupied”
[/quote], my bad. I assumed wrongly that he orientated around that axis, but forget its another qb model of the bed when they are sleeping. Happy modding and modeling.

That is extremely important. I’m also using Magica and I know it places the model’s origin (in human language, zero coordinate) in a different place from Qubicle. Also some of the axes in Magica and SH have different directions. That’s why every model edited/made in Magica requires changing the json.
I’ve already written about this fact somewhere on the forums, but it’s probably not easy to find.

@Dragonir Can you throw the link for “github SH dev tools” my way? Right now I use trial and error for writing jsons. Needless to say, it’s quite tedious.

I got you: GitHub - stonehearth/debugtools: Stonehearth Debug Tools Mod
You “install” it like any other mod.

On another note, do you by chance know how evolve works?
I’ve added this to the entity_data array, but it doesn’t change in game.

"stonehearth:evolve_data": { "next_stage": "dales_items:plants:grape_vine", "evolve_time": "1h" }

1 Like

Thanks!
Unfortunately, no. I’m tinkering with furniture and light sources mostly. Haven’t tried organics yet.

I feel like there should be a modding guide somewhere but I can’t seem to find it, I think this is a common mistake a lot of early modders make

I know but i think we do this better in another tread. And leave this one for modelling and coords. We can use my wither mod thread., cause its the same tech I use there. A new Mod : A Withering Fence.

add this to your component section : “stonehearth:evolve”: {}
I don’t know why they removed it from the oak trees, its still in sapling.