Help me with "mixintypes" remove

I’m working in a new kingdom and this new update bugged then with the addition of the magnificent_beard trait, because my guys don’t have beards in their customization. Easy fix, I made this:

{
	"traits":{
		"mixintypes":{
			"stonehearth:traits:magnificent_beard": "remove"
		}
	}
}

It worked as expected.
I then decided to also remove the jobs traits, as they will not be used in this kingdom. Changing the file to this:

{
	"groups": {
			"passion_jobs": "remove"
		}
	},
			"stonehearth:traits:magnificent_beard": "remove"
		}
	}
}

But that mixintypes to remove the passion jobs is not working. They still can have those traits.

1 Like

Did you try removing those from the “excludes” section of heart of a crafter too?

I tested with this, but didn’t worked.

{
		}
	},
			"stonehearth:traits:magnificent_beard": "remove",
			"stonehearth:traits:heart_of_a_crafter": "remove"
		}
	}
}

I tested with:

{
		}
	},
	"traits": {
		"stonehearth:traits:heart_of_a_crafter": {
         			"excludes": "remove"
			}
      		}
	}
}

And I think that it worked.

Oh, I just noticed something.
I’m doing this in the kingdom manifest (loaded when you select it, like the Rayya’s)

When I add my mixin to the main mod manifest it works. (But I can’t do this, else it erases the traits of all kingdoms)

1 Like

Ah yeah. Then it might be like all those other cases you reported that mixins don’t work correctly for hotloaded manifests :confused:

That is ok. I hope the team can fix it later. For now, I can simple ignore it as the mod is nowhere near to finish. For a drastic solution, I guess I can override it.

1 Like

bit of thread necro but:
does this also mean i could us mixins to remove default buildable items for a custom race?
for instance

“iron_mail”: {
“recipe”: “remove” }

or “iron_mail”: { remove }

from a blacksmiths recipes.json?

Yes, that is how Rayya removes the winter outfit from the weaver recipe list.
https://stonehearth.github.io/modding_guide/modding_guide/essentials/removing/index.html

1 Like

thanks (and now i know where to look for an example! x2 awsomeness multiplier bruno :smiley: )

it works but im confused: why is it for removal you give the item name…while for adding you give the recipe name. (wtf…)

The remove does not remove the actual item. It removes the piece of json that was going to add the item. So that is the name that you need to use, the name of the json section you are removing.

… i must admit i read the words but did not understood what you said bruno :sweat_smile: sorry