Hearthlings Promotion Bug

Hey-o!,

Summary:

At any time, after promoting any Hearthling to any job, Hearthlings’ models will go haywire. In other words, their heads will be misplaced, often within their torso… they will perform completely inappropriate animations, such as while running to a location, instead of having a running animation will act like they constantly dropping an object, and just odd stuff like that.

This bug can be mitigated after re-loading a game.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a game.
  2. Promote a Hearthling.
  3. Profit. ( : D Kidding.)

Expected Results:

Promoted Hearthling’s animations will be interrupted and or replaced with random other animations.

Notes:

Just wanted to say, I feel like this may have already been reported for as common as it is for me. So, if it is, my apologies for repeating the report.

Attachments:

1457342439439.zip (4.8 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:

Version: DEVELOP-2876 (x64)

Mods: No mods.

System Information:

(Guys! I finally figured out how to find my system information! Woo! 1990’s here I come!)

Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.40GHz

Installed Memory: 8.00 GB (7.89 GB Usable)

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

Hopefully this is it! If not, let me know and I’ll keep looking.

Thanks!

stonehearth.log (12.1 KB)

2 Likes

Is this still happening in dev-2881?

@jomaxro,

Hey!

Yes it is.

-Surly

1 Like

I guess it’s like the classic headless bug:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/males-with-outfits-losing-their-heads-all-affected-mostly-footmen/11898

or maybe like the ghostly hearthlings seen in
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/really-slow-after-digging-river-ghost-worker-i-hate-ghost-i-like-ghostbusters/19902

Hi @DontCallMeSurly
Can you please attach a copy of your stonehearth.log so I can take a look at your graphics card?
Like @Relyss says, this sounds like a an old known issue with some intel graphics cards.
Thanks
-Yang

Hey @Relyss,

Yes, the first one, Hearthlings losing their heads, seems to be the same issue I’m having.

Thanks for looking that up!

-Surly

Hey @yshan,

Sure! I’d be happy to!

However, I’m unfortunately the one college student who doesn’t know how to computer. : )

Where I can find this ‘stonehearth.log’ file? I looked through the game files and I couldn’t find a specific file with that title.

Thanks!

-Surly

assuming you’re playing on steam, go to this file path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth

under that file path there should be a file called stoneheart.log, but if you dont have file extensions turned on then it will probably just look like a notepad file called stonehearth

hope that helps.

@8BitCrab,

Roger that. Thanks 8-Bit!

I’ll look it up right now.

-Surly

1 Like

@yshan,

Here you go! … Um, I think…

stonehearth.log (12.1 KB)

Hope that helps!

-Surly