Hearthling Modern house design 1 - New Build, Hearthling Town: Start

I honestly have no idea what you two are blathering about …

:blush:

4 Likes

Steve, i have the fealing ur getting away with so many critical mistakes. Ppl’re going really easy on you!
Don’t get used to it tho, I’ll take up my responsability to put you with your 2 feet down on the ground! :smiley:

SO:

First of all. How could you forget about the second capital A!? It’s a shame! Btw, this is comming from ur paycheck!
Secondly. Why did you change your profile picture without notifying ppl!? Who knows how many paniced seeing some new guy with your name doing your work! IF we get any complaints about ppl having to go to a psych ward. YOU’re paying for that too!

Sincerely,
Your imaginary boss Sweeck

Always felt like doing that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you @SteveAdamo for capitalizing the A! haha, :wink:

again, no idea what you folks are going on about… honestly, kids and their incessant whining these days… I blame the internetz!

now… if you would kindly resume your brilliant construction efforts, we can return to some sense of normalcy… :smile:

as your imaginary employee, I have to ask about my imaginary paycheck and imaginary healthcare coverage… my imaginary lawyer will be reaching out to you shortly…

7 Likes

So last night I started a little town, Wanting to see how far I could actually go I ended up making the biggest town I’ve made yet. It’s not fully finished yet though and is at the 5 GB mark, Should I buy more Memory for my PC to make this a even more epic town? :wink:

The paths messed up a bit as you can probably tell :stuck_out_tongue:

To be added - Shopping center (will be huge though so depended on memory usage)
More paths
More buildings
A river made out of clay with a bridge (maybe a boat too)
Some more houses to complete the upper part of town

If you have any suggestions as to what to add I’d love to hear them!

7 Likes

nice work! I love how you incorporated the subtle touches like “lampposts”, and the houses perched above town (is that the seedy or wealthy district? :smile:)…

2 Likes

Its the wealthy district! or would be if my hearthlings paid rent, They don’t pay rent due to labour charge I had a little play around with the lamp posts, I’m going to try some different designs too. It’s all hopefully going to have roads connecting it all. Well its the plan anyway! :smile:

3 Likes

Love the path outlining, personally never thought of that subtle touch, and I’m curious to how wide you decided to make your streets (car roads, not paths)? Also, any chance we could get some interior shots of your buildings? I’d be interested in their layouts.

2 Likes

I can post some Interior pictures later today for you! As for the roads they are 10 blocks. I’m currently playing around with a roundabout seeing how that works with the roads. :stuck_out_tongue: So yeah I’ll post some pics of the interior later today sorry I couldn’t add them right now, Not on my pc yet. :wink:

you really have to much spare time to invest in your builds don’t ya? :wink:

2 Likes

Hahaha it would appear so. When I start something I just can’t stop, I love building so much It’s honestly a huge passion now haha. Plus it’s rare to find such an amazing game like Stonehearth!

Thank you TR for such a epic game!

3 Likes

Alright I have the pics! sorry about the long wait.

So this house being the most expensive right now 1 bed. Dinning room and table to eat! Pretty fancy I know!

And this is more for the Hearthlings on a budget or who don’t want to sleep alone!

As there are only two types of houses they all have the same type of Interior right now. So sorry for the limited screen shots as they’re all designed the same right now. It’s all fully finished exept the push toy… I don’t know how I missed something so obvious poor hearthlings not having a toy :smile:

As I design more houses I’ll post more pics here of the design.

2 Likes

See proof that there has been a massive inflation!

(I just did this to earn 2 badges XD)

1 Like

share this house? go to folder where the game is. then Stonehearth/saved_objects/stonehearth/building_templates
and there you can find that house with your own maked name like a “modern house”
copy picture and JSON file and share it. well… i’m not sure if that works. you have to make sure you save that house in game. maybe it works?

if it works. and you share it like a copy paste to .rar and upload that to mediafire or somewhere. you must put that file to https://www.virustotal.com/
and share link what you got from virustotal.

Hey!

I can share if you’d like. I think I have a complete template by luck due to the way I was building this (not 100% sure) I defiantly have a world with this. The world uses 5 GB though to that’s probably not much good. I’ll see if I can get you a copy as soon as possible.

Also quick update: I have just brought more Memory for my pc due to my current build hitting a high amount of memory usage haha. For those who are interested It’s a Restaurant that’s over 100X100 in size haha. I’ll be posting that later this week. Well next week, And it was inspired by the new Cook class which is epic!

2 Likes

Sorry about that. Had to find it, and draw up some missing parts. This build has nothing inside yet. Not even a second floor haha. It’s just the house I couldn’t get any of the outside fencing or pool either sorry about that.

I’ve uploaded it by my google+ page you should be able to download it from there!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kvZKPKnkNsZnp1dVRIdlF6d0E/view?usp=sharing

It’s in a zip file so once you’ve downloaded it you can just unzip it and place it fine! :smile:

that’s awesome! we need more guys like you. we can share houses what we made. we all can be rly friends and share things together. go on and build more things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last night I started to re-make the town above. I remade it because I noticed a terrible spacing issue which I couldn’t fill. (Well I could have but it would have turned out ugly) So here’s the start of the new Hearthling town

If anyone here loves seeing the stats here they are for this town so far

So As you can probably tell there’s a big empty space in the middle. What would you guys like to see there?

• Houses
  • Clock tower
  • Out door design area (play around with landscape, water fountain, plants. chairs ect)
  • or you can suggest something you’d like to see!

Also would it be easier If I kept 1 / 2 threads just for my builds? I’ve been posting in this one a lot but think it would be easier to keep in 1 or 2 places like the other builders.

As always hope you guys enjoy!

4 Likes

love, love that bridge… :+1:

whelp, this gets my vote! :smile:

2 Likes