Hats and Their Pivot Points

Hey guys! I love the implementation of hats. My only (very minor) issue is that they don’t work with my Bastioneers models. As you can see, the models float above my shorties’ heads. This seems odd to me as they rotate about the head’s pivot point. How is the hat’s pivot determined?Does this have to do with how its model’s matrix is the size of a human?

I realize I can easily modify the qb to work with 'neers, I’m just curious :slight_smile: Thanks!

that is exactly the case, also the reason why there has to be a male and female version, as female hearthlings are about 2 voxels shorter then males, so the female helmets model is (generally) only different in its position within the matrix.

hope that helps.

2 Likes

You’ll need an unique model for them shince they have such a big difference in model size

Think of it like this

Male H : default
Female H : slightly lower

Male B : Lower
Female B : a bit more lower

I’d say the simeple way is to load a Bastin model and position the hat (in edit mode, don’t move the matrix) to the appropriate location for the Bastinioneers for EVERY SINGLE HAT

… We need a better way then this

4 Likes

open the hats with voxelshop or quibcle and then load a male or a female hat and reposit the hats :wink: save them as male or female and fini :smiley:
if you want to make own hats dont forget to name the matrix for the hat “hat” xD

1 Like