Guide on how to cloudsave your saved games between computers!

Found a way for you to use Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive with you saved games. Kinda like symlinks but basically just for syncing.

download this freeware app… didnt find any viruses (that my machine noticed)

Dimio's Software (DSYNCHRONIZE)

extract the folder to where you want it installed (its a straight extraction then you run the program with elevated rights (right click on program and run as administator… no install unless you install it as a service… more on that later)

after you unzip the files run the program

in the top of the program you have one side for sources and the other for destinations

right click on the folders that are listed in both already and remove them

then double click in the sources side and set the source for your stonehearth “saved_games” folder

then repeat for destination side to the Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive folder you want for your cloud saves

when you are done both folders on both sides should be checked

Example:
my source is "C:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapss\common\stonehearth\saved_games"
my destination is “C:\dropbox\Stonehearth Saves”

next there is a checkbox for “Bidirectional synchronization” you need to check

Then click “Synchronize” button (you should see files being added below)

Then check the box that says “Realtime sync”

check the box that says “Autostart as service” and a windows will open

the click the button that says install service… then click start service after install is done (you will here a ding)

reboot your computer

open up DSYNCHRONIZE again and verify that both folders are checked, “Bidirectional…” is checked, “Realtime sync” is checked, and it says running as service

after that test it out by opening up a file explorer window with your stonehearth “saved_games” folder and open another file explorer with your dropbox, onedrive, or google drive folder in it

put something in the “saved_games” folder you should see it pop up in the dropbox, onedrive, or google drive folder you sync’d… then delete it and you should see it disappear

next repeat the steps with the dropbox, onedrive, or google drive folder to make sure it works the other way (this confirms that the bidirectional syncing works)

after that you just need to set this up on each machine you are playing the game on and you will have your same villages on each machine. It will not matter if the paths for each machine are different than your other machines it just matters that you are syncing the right folders on each machine

Example:

Machine 1- stonehearth saves are "c:\steam\steamapps\common\stonehearth\saved_games"
dropbox stonehearth saves are “D:\dropbox\stonehearth saves”

Machine 2- stonehearth saves are "D:\Program Files (x86)steam\steamapps\common\stonehearth\saved_games"
dropbox stonehearth saves are “C:\users\your username\dropbox\Stonehearth Saves”

Thats what I found… been working so far and I hope this helps some people.

1 Like