Game Won't Load/Launch On New PC *SOLVED*

I got curious so I tried your way as well, I was in shock to see it work as well! Thank you for letting us know about an easier way to fix the issue than to mess with the folders

2 Likes

You are amazing. All the complicated fixes just didn’t work for me. Your simple fix worked perfectly! Now I can enjoy the game again

1 Like

Excelente, luego hice una discusión en Stonearth en Steam para comunicar sobre el tema antes de pedir un rembolso. Solución | Stonearth No Inicia :: Stonehearth General Discussions

1 Like

i need help my game starts and after like 2s it stops HELp

help meh plz

have you done the fix mentioned in CaptainFlintlok’s most recent post?

worked for me , great solution

thnks worked for me

Deleting the x64 Folder inside stonehearth at least lets me start the Game, now i have to test if it “runs”

1 Like

Here thi video explains hwo to fix the poblem!

1 Like

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I just bought a new laptop yesterday and was so sad I couldn’t get Stonehearth to work. Appreciate the help!

The problem with this solution is that it forces you to use 32 bit, which means your PC won’t use all the memory it can for the game, something that will often result in crashes. For that reason, I recommend this solution instead:

1. My game says it’s launching and then goes back to ‘Play’ -OR- It only works in 32-bit!

This has happened a lot lately and it does so because of a missing or broken/different version dll file. Stonehearth is using these libraries in version 1.0.2h so updating them in the /x64 subdirectory should let it all work fine again. You can replace these dll by following these instructions:

• Find and download OpenSSL version 1.0.2i (You can google the file named openssl-1.0.2i-x64_86-win64.zip )
  • Rename or delete libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the /x64 subfolder of the game. (Refer to 15 to learn how to reach the game folder)
  • Extract the libraries libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the archive downloaded in the first step and copy them to the /x64 subfolder of the game
  • That’s it! Try running the game now!

(If you can’t find the correct OpenSSL file to download, we’re making it available here now) Dropbox - openssl-1.0.2i-x64_86-win64.zip - Simplify your life

This solution is from the FAQ in the ACE Discord :merry:

Thanks for this. I have been issues with the game just freezing early game. I’ll try this and keep fingers crossed.

I tried this solution and the game is just stuck on the Radiant black screen.

Try restarting, sometimes the game does that :jubilant:

Assuming simply pressing F5 to refresh the UI isn’t enough.

Yay, it worked, thanks for sharing this method