Game crash Release 862

Summary:
the game crashed I had just started a new game and the game disappeared. and was about to start building
and then it crashed when I opened the game again clicked continue
but it worked the second time

Steps to reproduce:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:
first crash
crash.dmp (198.4 KB)
crash.zip (39.1 KB)
second crash
crash.dmp (198.4 KB)
crash.zip (39.1 KB)

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

Thanks for the report! Unfortunately the crash dumps didn’t capture enough info to pinpoint the problem exactly, but looking at the logs, the last thing the game did before crashing in both cases is try to load the core_dani mod and failing, which I believe is Steam Workshop :: Dani’s Core Mod. Do you have that mod installed? Or perhaps you have the Glassworks mod installed without the core mod that it depends on?

Hey there!

Saw this thread and tried loading a couple of savegames to see if the update has broken any of my mods. They seem to be working fine and core_dani functioned without issues (the cooling system)
I tried running the same save without core_dani active (only glassworks) and I did get a crash when I built a glass door.

So yes, it is possible that maybe it was a crash caused by not having the core mod (considering that it actually has like 100 less subscribers than Glassworks itself - I just noticed that - even though Steam warns about it being needed :sob:)

@max99x - is there any way to add a “dependency” warning inside the game? I should probably do that :blush:

1 Like

I have glassworks shouldn’t all dependencies automatically get downloaded?

@ayazar should be able to answer mod dependency questions.

If the mods are subscribed they should download if you are on the mod screen or the mod sync screen. Otherwise if you subscribe outside of those screens they will not download until you either exit the game or go to one of those screens. There isn’t a way in-game to express mod dependency.

Steam suggests it but you have to manually subscribe it - I think?
Just go to the Glassworks mod page and you’ll find it on the right! Alternatively, here’s a link:

I’m still learning my ropes around modding so I’m unsure of how much one can do, but would it be possible (for example) to create a mod that shows a window in the main menu (before you load or start a game) saying that you don’t have Mod X if Mod Y says that mod is needed? Could that be modded in - a mod that is able to see each other and recognize if one is missing?

Yes, you could mod the main menu. You could use radiant:get_all_mods to get all of the registered mods, then see if the namespace is present. To do an generic thing mod creators would have to agree on creating a json resource like namespace:dependencies then load that and check against the list.

1 Like