Game Crashing Over and Over

Summary:

The game tends to crash at random intervals or even crash on start up at times.

Stonehearth.log:

release-949 (x64)[M]
std::logic_error: ‘invalid reference in native unit_info::trace_player_id’
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘trace_player_id’
…h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:142: in function ‘_install_traces’
…h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:88: in function <…h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:83>

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth`]

Attachments:

I am unsure of where to find the dmp

Versions and Mods:

[What version of Stonehearth are you playing? Have you installed any mods?]

System Information:

I run on windows 10, GTX 980,

The mods that I have installed and running on the save are.
Primitive Armory
Samurai weapon pack
Nordlingmod [KINGDOM] [ACE+Vanilla]
Authorized Community Expansion (ACE)
TMD - Tier II Buildings
TMD - Tier III Buildings
MBS Training
Trapper+
Kai Monkey’s Traits - Version 3.51
Lorkis Biome
Fruit & Animals (Box O’ Vox)
Template Northern Alliance
Settlement Decor
Glassworks
Fortify v0.6
Dense Fields
Fisher Job + Archipelago Biome
Rabbit Burrows

I have not tried the game as vanilla to see if my crashing yields different results.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you! :slight_smile:

You qre missing dani´s core mod for glassworks and trapper+

You are missing the ‘Danis Core Mod’ that is needed for Glassworks and Trapper+ but that might not be the issue, the logs are saying something IS MISSING, player_id for the two mods are in Danis’ Core Mod but it’s also a separate thing in the coding as well.

Have you tried downloading the missing mod? (Noticed someone else pointed it out)
Can you please try running a game WITHOUT ANY MODS, please?
Are any of these mods new? In terms of newer to be used/played with? Have any updates making them new/different, that would pop up before loading into the game after it does if you can remember?

im also having the same issue … after loading play about 3 or 4 minutes then exist to windows …

my pc:
PROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz
ON BOARD GRAPHIC: Radeon RX 6900 XT
RAM: 16,0 GB
GRAPHICS: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 TI - 15.36 GB RAM

OS
Windows 10 Pro version 20H2

dont know what files need to be checked or their location … need help, just purchaced the game from steam and cant play it … developers seem absent …

these are my mods

Well, the developers left the game. I’m sure you’ve checked everything and saw that on the game’s discussions on steam, updates/information on it too. In 2018 the company got brought by a bigger company, they didn’t believe this game would do well so they left/abounded it. Nowadays the people who update it are the community itself with the ACE mod, supported by some of the old developers, and update the game in big ways, keeps it working, changes large parts of the game, etc.

What you see in your mod folder aren’t mods btw, those files are the basics you need to get the game to run altogether. Without any of them, the game will die and never work. So you may have a different problem than the OG creator (of the thread) because even their log says something is missing to run.

Now the game crashing suddenly with you is base game and that was once common. There are many reasons why and many to fix it.

1. are your drivers all updated? Have you downloaded the newest navidia drivers update that came out yesterday? (also have a Nvidia)
  2. what anti-virus/computer firewall protection do you use? It’s actually 90% of the time that protection software forces the game to crash, you will need to either go into it and grant the game permission and run as admin/to run at all. To test that you can just turn it off, load the game and see what happens.
  3. do you have anything plugged into your PC through USB? Controller? Memory stick? USB extra ports? That can cause issues for the game.
  4. Can you go into your computer’s folders and find your Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth ← this is where you find your logs, information etc. It depends when you downloaded steam where you put it, some people have it like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth but it depends where you downloaded steam. In there is the Stonehearth.log file, it will read you the crash report.
  5. Windows ten correct? Can you check the Event Viewer on your Pc? You can just search that in your winodws start bar. It’s downloaded as part of windows. It tells you more detailed information about if a program crashes/stops working. To make it easier try loading and playing the game. Wait until it crashes, THEN LOAD IT UP in the box on the left click ‘custom views’ then ‘administrative events’ then should be the top error, there you click the top error and info comes up the middle bottom of the screen, at the bottom you see Event ID etc, if it’s blank you need to click “Event Log Online Help” then return back to the page/event viewer and should see the ID then. Event IDS can help find issues far easier and faster in if the game is crashing because of another issue.

hi, thanks for your help … really really apreciate it …

drivers are all up to date, i had axception made for stonehearth.exe on anti virus (360 antivirus btw)

Cant find the log file has u asked (sorry for my ignorance) check the printscreen i atach if im not seen it …

i disable antivirus for these tests i submit … this is the text within the details:

Nome do aplicativo com falha: Stonehearth.exe, versão: 1.1.0.949, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5c33bcc7
Nome do módulo com falha: lua-5.1.5.dll, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5b4032d6
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Deslocamento da falha: 0x0000000000002650
ID do processo com falha: 0x2c18
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d76a686b6b5ae2
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\x64\Stonehearth.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\x64\lua-5.1.5.dll
ID do Relatório: e64d5d69-c67c-46e9-b213-624a01bb84fb
Nome completo do pacote com falha:
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha:

thanks again

forgot to atach the log print … but o seach the name on harddrive and i think i found it … it was on a diferent folder from the game…btw sorry the text on the event viewer is on portuguese

stonehearth.log (131 KB)

It’s alright being Portuguese, from event viewer it seems like there is a simpler fix than we both would think. You see Stonehearths 64bit version of the game has an issue with the latest windows 10 (since last year) its a common issue with the easiest fix. According to your event viewer, this is an issue happening to your game. The way to fix it is to turn stonehearth to run the 32bit version of the game. The only difference between the two is how fast the game saves load, that’s it.

Now there are two ways to do it but in case there is more to your crashes (multiple problems at once can cause crashes) I will ask you to do a little bit of a more complicated way by a small part. Within the folder you find the log you will have a file called user_settings.JSON within that folder scroll and find a line that says:
“force_32_bit” : false,

Normally this line will be under ‘audio’ near the top just slightly down now change that line to this:
“force_32_bit” : true,

Save the change (do it in notepad really) and then try loadin up the game and playing it for me. If it’s just this issue alone it should fix it right away.

im sorry to report … it crashed again … here’s the event …

I’m rereading your log as well, your log says you do have actual mods. You do understand through steam workshop it wouldn’t appear in the mods folder?? That’s for mods where you get outside of the steam workshop. ACE isn’t working properly along with windows. Are you able to load up the game, click the mods tab and show me what you have ticked? According to your log, you use ACE and it’s conflicting with something along with windows. Windows part we should’ve fixed.

If the game crashes before you can load the mods tab, you can go onto steam and show the list on the steam workshop too. Normally some people have things downloaded but only a small handful of items ticked to load/be working

that was me i added the ace mod to mod folder … stupid of me … i unisntalled and deletes the folder … im gona try now and ill give back feedback if it crashes

it stll crashed:

these are the only one selected

Wait you added ACE to the mod folder itself? Not through the steam workshop? Because that could be the issue. Not doing it through steam you don’t get the updates for it that fixes these issues.

But the logs and event viewer are saying your ACE mod is an issue, could you try removing it from your game? You would need to remove it fully depending on how you did put it in the game. There is a trick and known issue related to this. You remove the mod altogether, unscrubscribe from the workshop, not in the folder, everything. You see the mod can be downloaded wrong and corrupted, people have needed to remove it fully then when they are IN-GAME, after testing to see if the game works again without the mod they use the trick to force a scanned and checked download, then you can use ACE mod again that way without issue, would you be alright trying that?

Just to see if the issue is ACE mod?

now i didnt add enything to the mods … just uninstalled and left save folder … its original installation …

i need help doing that … can u tell me the workshop thing how to do it i dont knkw how

ok so i unselected the ace mod outside the game on proprietys workshop option … started the game and its with out it … now what to do ?? do i have to fisically delete it? where is it?

i went throth game and subscribed ace mod and some of other mods from them …

Did you try playing the game without the ACE mod or anything else downloaded? To check if it works without it? You are meant to try redownloading after testing first just to see if that is the issue

How do o do that? Just unselect mods from out SIDE game and Run ir?

Tô redownload tem o need you to explain step by step plz

A sábado, 26/06/2021, 17:42, 666reddog via Stonehearth Discourse <stonehearth@discoursemail.com> escreveu: