Game Crashing Over and Over

Go to your Steam library and click stone hearth, you will find a tab called ‘workshop’ (images will be added below) click it to load the workshop page. You still see on the right side a list and information, you need to click the ‘your files’ and you will see subscribed items, click that to load the page to the mods you have on your game. When you move your mouse over ‘subscribed’ you can click it to unsubscribe to remove it from the game. Do that to EVERYTHING you have on that list/page. Once everything is gone and removed try playing the game to see if the crashing is the mod being downloaded wrong, only when you can confirm this can we redownload and I will explain it then if that is what the issue is but to check you need to remove all mods and try playing the game to see if it crashes. If it does crash please send the new stonehearth.log file.

i didnt but how do i delete the mod now? i can try with them unselected … but they still be there … ill try that and let u know

weird …

i assume its because i have them unselected

i selected all of them in workshop propriedties … and steam downloaded them …

then i went back has u said … and unsubscrived it all …

goma try to play now …

BTW: befre this i played the game with all mods unselcted on workshop and i played like 20m withou crashing … hope it helps …

dont know if its the same/equivalent to what u are asking but ill try what u ask and give feedback…

and sry about so many emails… was about to try again and noticed that in game proprieties, workshop the addons still apear …

It could be the same but this is the best way to be sure is to remove all fully, to redownload to fix the issue so you can play with the mods again you would need to do this anyways so it also helps with the next step of if it’s right :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok it runned about 25m with out crashing with sol mods off

A sábado, 26/06/2021, 19:09, 666reddog via Stonehearth Discourse <stonehearth@discoursemail.com> escreveu:

so 1 hour passed and no crash … with no mods … what do i do now?

i tried to reinstall mod and try … worked fine like 35m … i was thining it was solved … but sadly it crashed …

and ill upload the stonehearth log too … this is just stressfull … shouldnt be this much efort to play a game … and i love this game …

stonehearth.log (195 KB)

Sorry, it got late for me and I went to bed/sleep. To redownload the mods properly that normally fixes it (it’s the mods that make the game crash not really the game) you need to first launch the game. Load the game up then click the mod tab. You will see a ‘browse steam workshop’ button click that. Now you will be brought to the in-game verison of the steam workshop, the game will still be running. Use this page to find mods and download them there only. This forces steam to download the mod fully and scanned becuase the game is running to check its working fully while it downloads.

First just try downloading ACE this way only. Then try playing. If it dosent crash its fix and you can download other mods the same way of your choice.

Daniel, If you use [ACE Mod] Composting, it also requires the mod called “Dani’s Core Mod.” In the screenshot it looked like you didn’t include it.

did has u asked … and after 25m it crashed …

stonehearth.log (167 KB)

I did ask for him to only use ACE on its own to see if it’s the issue since the log has two things it’s not happy with (one being the ACE mod and another base game coding from what I believe)

What exactly are you doing each time the game crashes, looking at your logs it’s the same line each time right before the crash, can you remember? The game 100% doesn’t crash at all if you aren’t using the mod?

The fix I gave has always worked right away when it’s the mod affecting the game. It’s confusing because your logs only ever mention the mod issues before crashing and I’ve never really seen this fix not work before until now :thinking:

Dont remeber doing something in particular … And yes without mods the game played like 1h … No Crash … But im working now, but when i get home ill try tô watch what um doing before it crashes

A domingo, 27/06/2021, 17:26, 666reddog via Stonehearth Discourse <stonehearth@discoursemail.com> escreveu:

this time it went 35m without crashing … then again …

i was doing nothing in particular … maybe the thing i was doing before that was selling a lot of clay and white stones to free space … sold a buch … then a minute after it crashes … dont know if it has something to do with it …

stonehearth.log (629 KB)

Stoneheart runned out of memory … weird error … has to the rest i really cant find an action that im doing every time the game crashes … but it hangs out about 25 / 30 m then boom , this lerror … the last one never seen before

stonehearth.log (777 KB)

This new log and the last one are different to the first 3 you gave me. These two new ones say a different ending/reason to crash. These two new crashes talk about the game being unable to run properly, the game loop exhusted.

Wait do you have the windows 10 program called ‘bonjour’ still installed? The application is known to crash steam games and overwork your CPU without you even loading it or using it.

dont know … how to i see that?

hve searched my installed programs and dont have it i think …

Search fot windows hello or it´s equivalent in your language