Footman and Archer are stuck a defensive mode and they only attack enemies that are near

Summary:
In my game, I have a footman and an archer. Ever since I refused the Goblin Chief, they have been stuck in a defensive-like mode, and sending them places using the attack banner does not work. The green move banner moves them, but they just run back. They only attack when things are in the town and sometimes I have to send them there
Steps to reproduce:

1. Refuse Head Goblin (for me it was his second offer).
  2. Accept message that says he will destroy you.
  3. They are stuck in a defensive-like mode.

Expected Results:
N/A
Actual Results:
N/A
Notes:
Please tell me if you need any additional info.
Attachments:
N/A
Version Number and Mods in use:
Latest Version, the Alpha 16 v566. No mods.
System Information:
N/A

Please note that restarting the game works, but I think this should be taken care of.

1 Like

hey there @ryanroo2, welcome to the discourse :smile:

could you perhaps provide your save file? assuming you’re playing on steam, to find the save go to this file path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games

if you don’t know which save is the newest one, you can check the screenshot inside the save folder, then zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder) and upload it directly to the discourse either by using the upload button , or by dragging and dropping the .zip file.

if the save is larger then 10mb you could upload it to a site like googledrive or dropbox and provide a download link.

1 Like

I actually noticed this too, however they only became stuck after I set a defensive banner. Even if I removed the banner they would still gather at the same area and wouldn’t go back to normal patrol duty/attack until I restarted the game.

I think @Albert might know better why this is happening.

@Kaz, did you set the defensive order at individual level or at party level?

Party level.
Even trying to move them individually after the fact had no effect.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this same problem… Even when issuing a new party command such as attack they will go to that spot but then return to the spot that was set as defense without even attacking anyone at the new spot.

1 Like

I found and fixed a bug that wasn’t clearing the defense banner leash. This will probably fix the issue in the next patch. Thanks for the report!

3 Likes