Fisher Job 🐟 + Archipelago Biome

Yes, if ace is not present, the log will report every single change it tried to apply to its files. I will test a new way to apply compatibility patches that should avoid this, as in, it will not even try if ace is not active. The same for other mods too.

Ah that would be awesome, thank you <3

Suddenly my fisher isn’t harvesting the crab traps - they are next to water & have crabs in them but there’s no option to harvest them or am I missing something - I’m using ACE plus a “few” more mods

If I recall correctly, the Fisher now harvests traps automatically - or at least I remember that once a crab is trapped it already calls the harvest command

So something might’ve made it not work or you might’ve cancelled it by accident, have you recently used the “Cancel orders” tool near the traps? (assuming that is possible, I don’t know)

(I might be saying boo boo, though :smiley: But I’m almost 100% sure the traps now automatically call the fisher for harvesting)

1 Like

No I even undeployed & redeployed the traps to see if that would reset them & they still won’t be harvested - yes I do remember they were on auto-harvest previously.

I’m wondering if the ACE auto harvest may be interrupting?

Nope. ACE auto harvest does not under any circumstances cancel harvest orders, and the first thing the override of the base renew function does is call the old renew function (and it doesn’t touch any systems outside the renewable_resource_node_component).

patch_notes_button Mod Updated

I had skipped one update here in the discourse (only had it on steam), this report should cover both the last skipped update and the current one.

Download:
Through Steam Workshop, or at the first post. :up:

Changes:

• Ace landmarks added
  • Seaweed is now harvestable by anyone, not only the fisher
  • All crops (even from ace) now have a prefered season in the archipelago too (either dry or wet season)
  • Ace recipes about fish moved around to match “tropical and seafood” categories
  • Removed option to craft raft. It is now spawned in the campaign only.
  • Added korean translation (thanks [KOR] yun2526)

Bugs:

• Fixed waves out of the water
  • Fixed floating tree in the crab island
  • Fixed floating trees when they clipped through another object at world gen. Also better performance with simpler hitboxes.
  • Fixed bug of rabbits drinking coconut
  • Fixed visual customizations not being applied to the select map screen.
  • Fixed dragonborn landmark to adapt to the biome.
  • Fixed landmarks and critters appearing at wrong terrains or elevations.
  • Fixed skull caves not having a treasure chest in peaceful mode.
  • Fixed turtle shield misaligned.
  • Fixed hibiscus plants not having the option to store it.

Editted for a new update:

Changes:

• Linked fishing data to the fisher_description.json file, allowing individual kingdoms to have their own fishing loot
  • Added 4th level perk for the fisher

Bugs:

• Fixed crab traps being locked/unusable after save and reload
  • Fixed invisible object (fish) sold by merchants
2 Likes

Just dropped in to write the trapped crab bug was caused by Autoharvest mod and we’ve already found a fix with @BrunoSupremo, will be fixed in the next Autoharvest update (that is when I get box selection autoharvest to work).

I wonder, will the Archipelago mod get its own Kingdom? I would absolutely LOVE to be able to play as native islanders! The closest thing to that look would be the new Greekling mod on Steam.

Yeah, I think a greek inspired, bird people would be perfect. Or fish people if we go with a more low tech kingdom. I’m avoiding it because I do not want to end up with a kingdom with just model swaps, and I’m already busy with the goblins kingdom. Else, I could pump one quickly, but it would feel low effort and not be fun to use I guess.
I do plan for npc villages (part of the campaigns) but it is hard to do and as already mentioned I’m stuck on other projects.

5 Likes

Feb 10 is the mod birthday, 3 years old now :birthday:
I spent the day thinking what I could do as an update for it, but there was nothing quick and easy. So it is just this small update :slight_smile:

Download:

Changes:

• Nerfed fishing speed at high levels
  • Coconut, fish and pearl containers changed from simple decorations to actual storage, like chests
  • Shortened Miranda dialogues to avoid boring the player to death right at game start

Bugs:

• Fixed beachball
5 Likes

yeahhhh… Was wondering where the beachball went. Thanks!

I had skipped a few tiny updates, so I merged them all in this post.

Download:

Changes:

• Compatibility patch for the Extra Map Options mod
  • Added ace’s replant mechanic for the biome trees
  • Removed ace landmark spam
  • Added goblinpedia entry about fisher job (will only be effective when that mod updates too)
  • Added season icons for ace mod

Bugs:

• Fixed minimap icons/drawings appearing in other biomes lakes
  • Fixed error of fisher data not loading.
6 Likes

Dear Bruno,
I really enjoyed your fisher mod and archipelago. I think it looks amazing! I am new to the world of Stonehearth and wanted to know how I could contribute by making such mods. Please let me know how I can make mods since I was directed by TheDarthDuncan on discord here. Do you need to download any software or can it be done online? Please let me know. Thanks, and great work!

I can answer a few of those questions for you:

First off, a great place to go for help with modding is the ACE discord – it’s basically the semi-official Brains’ Trust of most of the active modders at the moment, and it’s absolutely the place to go if you want help integrating your mod with ACE (which is, like, the major community-driven expansion mod that’s aiming to be the default Stonehearth experience; even the original development team are behind that idea and ACE adds a ton of new stuff that modders can take advantage of so it’s absolutely worth checking out in more detail when you’re mode familiar with mod creation.) You’ll find plenty of help here too, of course; and if you search through the modding sub-forum there’s a fair chance that a lot of rookie/getting started questions have already been answered.

Secondly, there’s actually some modding tutorials kind of packaged with the game – example mods and such. It’s worth pointing out that the whole game is, effectively, a giant collection of mods to begin with; so any time you want guidance/examples of how something works in the vanilla game you can look into how it’s done for, say, the Rayya’s Children or Northern Alliance (which are mods that the devs made to overwrite the Ascendancy content, even though they’re part of the “vanilla” game)… by looking at how RC or NA use mixins and overwrites you can get really good examples of how those methods work without having to leave the vanilla environment of the game.

As far as software, you’ll want a text editor capable of editing Json files, notepad++ is the default choice but there are alternatives. JsonLint is another useful tool which helps you spot any errors (e.g. missed punctuation/formatting, variables or arguments that don’t point anywhere, that kind of thing) and SHED is a custom-built modding tool which should be able to help you with most modding endeavours although I’m not entirely up to date with what it’s capable of doing. If you want to create or edit any graphics, you’ll need a voxel editing program, the default choice is Qubicle (it still seems to be the popular industry standard) but there are plenty of free alternatives out there. The main thing is that you choose a program which can import and export .Qb files.

The first thing I would recommend to a rookie modder would be to start looking through the files included with the game, don’t edit/touch anything yet just look through the folders… the devs have included a lot of helpful stuff in there (including, as I mentioned before, an actual step-by-step modding guide hahah) and knowing how to navigate the folders/understanding the folder structure is important for any modding work you want to do anyway.

1 Like

You can start from here: Stonehearth's Modding Guide

1 Like

What the other two said plus I ocasionally do a “my first mod” with people on the ace discord if they want, so that’s also an option if the guide seems a bit intimidating

Download:

Changes:

• Added boats:
    The fisher can craft a boat dock (can also be bought in high level merchants). Once placed, another will be automatically created at the opposing side of that water body, connecting both sides with a boat crossing. Hearthlings and monsters can travel from one to another at will. Some enemies have custom boats models. Default boat model made by @Pandemic

Bugs:

• Fixed an incompatibility bug in crab traps with ace
  • :warning:There is a bug in ace mod with their weapon system which is affecting both the slap fish and the crab pincer (clicking on them raises errors). Ace upcoming new stable release will fix that problem.
10 Likes

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all that information! I was on vacation and I couldn’t respond so sorry. I was wondering if I could still mod without having the game with me. Is it possible? Also, I really love your boats and they look amazing!

you xhould be able to if you have the neccesaryprograms to make mods

testing these mods will probably require the game

1 Like