Fisher Job šŸŸ + Archipelago Biome

There is actually palm trees in vanilla, just unused.
And yes, I should better explain that sapling. The icon does not help much. I will remodel it later.

1 Like

I cant seem to find the build templates for Archipelago Biome mod. when I look in the folder in the game it does not show up and Iā€™m woundering if their is a way to fix the bug?

The templates are inside the mod, not in that template folder from the game directory.
What builder are you using, the old from a23 or the new from a24? This file here is only for a23. If you are in the unstable, you have to get the mod in the steam workshop as that one is for a24. That said the templates are not appearing in the new builder yet.

1 Like

ok thank itā€™s working know

@BrunoSupremo I just thought of something, but Iā€™m not 100% sure how feasible it is. Could I get your insight on this?

Letā€™s get the following out of the way: I understand why you donā€™t make the fisherman stand alone, and I support that choice.

-and here comes the but-
But: what if it wasnā€™t a class?
Make the fishermanā€™s Dock work like a Berry Bush, Basicly. Simple item to be made by any old carpenter, for all I care its a floor board where all it does is have your hearthling stand on it, throw out the rod, and catch a fish.

Which is relatively doable and I could even do this myself, except for two things: can a collection animation be specified in an item? , and I donā€™t have your awesome animations.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

patch_notes_button Mod Updated

For Alpha 24!
Alpha 24 ready. Improved world generation. Caves. New items.

(Sorry for the delay, there was always one more last bug to squash, but now it is finally bug-free, ready for a24. Those in Steam already have this all.)

Download:
:up: At the first post. :up:

Changes:

• a24 ready:
    screenshot%202018_06_10__17_26_36
    Weather, plants dropping seeds, multiplayer, improved compatibility and balance changes, etcā€¦

• Updated Fisher:
    The fishing speed is faster with higher levels. Level 1 will take 2 hours to get a fish, while level 6 will take 20 minutes.
    Now has a basic firepit to cook fish and make crab bisque (new, also craftable by a cook)
    Finally got his own craftable sign, plus an ornate variation.
    A random goblin will now reward players with a bucket talisman if they do not have a carpenter to craft it themselves. This should help kingdoms like Rayya to get a fisher early on.

• New food items:
    screenshot%202018_06_10__17_32_06
    Crab bisque (also craftable by a fisher), papaya smooth (also drinkable with cafe mod) and papaya cookies.
    All food items added through this mod are now in a separate cook category, ā€œTropical Recipesā€

• World Generation:
    screenshot%202018_06_10__18_00_47
    Island shapes improved, bigger flatter areas to build near the shores with higher mountains in the center.

• Undead Pirate Caves:
    screenshot%202018_06_10__17_33_23
    You can now find hideouts in the mountains. You will know when you find one.

• New plants:
    screenshot%202018_06_10__17_35_31
    Hibiscus giant flowers, can be used as herbs and decoration, have a rare blue variety.
    Foxlily now spawns in the map.

• New placeable items:
    screenshot%202018_06_10__17_49_01
    Construction: Porthole Window and a Bead Door.
    Furniture: A new hammock, the old one is removed.
    Decoration: Stone Totem

• New templates:
    Fisher Hut: Unlocked when you get a fisher.
    Shaded Hammock: A very basic/starter build, just a tent with a hammock inside.
    Trader ship (the bigger one) now has an inside cabin, decorated.
    Redone old templates into the new builder, plus small fixes.
    Old templates that required fences to look good, like the tower or the tiki bar, are not available because fences doesnā€™t work anymore (in the way I need at least). I will fix and update those when we get the new fence tool.

I hope you all like it and have fun!

18 Likes

I love the beaded door and the new hammocks. The beaded door looks great in RC builds and the new hammock follows the Stonehearth style guide more closely than the original.

2 Likes

Damn you Bruno and your sexy, sexy mods. Iā€™ll Definitally give it a shot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice!

@BrunoSupremo, if I am playing in the desert biome, is it possible to make the crab bisque?

You would need to buy crabs from traders, but I just found that they do not sell it. I will change this in the next update.

5 Likes

Is the fisherjob working in every map with water? Or only in this biome?

Great work btw!

It works on every map, as long as you have the biome installed.

1 Like

Awesome! Thnks for the help

1 Like

hi thanks for this amazing biome but when installed i canā€™t start any new start or old saves. If you can help me, that will be cool.

Are you stuck in the loadouts screen? Those are caused by a few mods (not this one though) and it will be fixed soon. If that is your case, uninstall those and try again, else, feel free to post any error messages you got.

well i have uninstalled avery mod but it still not working and i *'m stuck in the menu where i canā€™t do nothing but opening the menu. thanks again.

I was choosing a map to play with in the new Arctic Biome and had Archipelago activatedā€¦ then this happened :joy:

Is it a Gyarados?
Maybe itā€™s the legendary Loch Ness??
DRAGONS CONFIRMED?!?

12 Likes

Thatā€™s not a bug, itā€™s a feature!

4 Likes

Wow, you know it is a big lake when it starts getting those icons lol
To be fair, I canā€™t restrict those to the archipelago biome only. Once I can finally detect which was chosen, it is too late, the game already loaded that screen.
On the snow biome topic, I made the fisher have a new (optional) fishing method: ice fishing. :fishing_pole_and_fish: :snowflake:

14 Likes

I love you, Bruno <3

2 Likes