Fisher Job 🐟 + Archipelago Biome

Well, had a comment there for around 40 mins now, no answer. Here, in under 5 mins, have 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You have to use the harvest tool on the fish for the fisherman to harvest them. At a higher level they do gain the ability to do auto fishing.

1 Like

This post merge is so confusing lol.
Anyway, about the fisherman mechanic and how it is strange in other biomes for not having shallow water. It will change.
I already tested with success a new way where you will not “harvest” fish anymore. It will be more like what everyone would expect from a fisher class, a fisher at the edge of the water with a rod waiting for the fish to bite. This will make it work better for newbies as less confusing, and also fit with other biomes where you don’t have access to the bottom of the water.

2 Likes

I’m sorry :disappointed_relieved:
I was just doing some cleaning now that I finally have some time and this was on its own thread, but wasn’t sure where to move it. Sometimes I need to merge old posts or threads, want to tidy up the forum a bit.

Awesome work, by the way :smiley:

2 Likes

automatic fishing <3 will have to make a new pirate town soon :smiley:

1 Like

the first link for the download has the wrong name “600b332f27f042b541848869095c6b3447e8470d.smod”

It’s a glitch with the forums - you just need to rename the download to the mod name & it will work

1 Like

As this forum bug is unlikely going to be fixed soon, I’m just updating the top post to remove the broken link and keep just the second link, the one that works.
There is no update to the mod. It is the same thing since a22.5. The automatic fishing is a perk for high level fishers. The changes that I’m implementing are for a23

3 Likes

if you mean the bug with the own filename - i can say that they still look into it - but the info that its sometimes work is new for me - so prick @jomaxro

It’s still on the list. Unfortunately, we’ve been dealing with some bigger bugs, so it keeps getting pushed back. It will get fixed, many sites have reported it.

5 Likes

Stonehearth Discourse should be fixed now. Was more complicated than expected.

3 Likes

not sure why…but for some reason my fishermen refuse to craft fish or pearl containers. it says i have the required materials to make them and they’re sitting in the queue but they just refuse to craft them. could the automatic fishing be causing the issue?

Love it. pretty new to modding this. do the boats work ? sorry if it’s already been asked. ive had a look but couldnt see anything

Not yet, they just float above the water for now. It is planned to be moved and transport hearthlings.

ghee that was a fast reply hahah thankyou. regardless i love this game and always come and go with new updates. modding, especially this one, has just made me love it even more. well done i was awestruck :smiley:
Im excited for boats to work. maybe as an addition you could make diving gear ?

Never thought about it, for now it has no use as noone drowns. But I will keep it saved in case it changes and is needed later.

Ahh true. i was thinking as more of an RPG factor for transport from island to island since boats are still in the works. could make it an addition to treasure hunting on the ocean floor or needed for some form of harvesting. just throwing ideas out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered previously but I have not had a lot of time to play Stonehearth lately (last played 4/11). I just installed your mod and noticed that I can’t use the trapper, how come?

I could provide the model if needed :blush:! I already got one made :wink:~

Trappers don’t work in the sand/water, just set their traps in the grass areas and you should be fine.

Uh? No. The trapper is from the default game, and in case you mistaken it with the fisher (added by this mod), it can be used in any biome, just less useful. (which I’m working to improve)

Well, I will not say no to this, but I really can’t think of a way to use it… Maybe a boost to speed while underwater?
I still have to work in a way to send “expeditions” where you lose one of your hearthlings for a short time. With that, it could be used for diving missions.

2 Likes