I know there already is @TomMartow 's EndPieces Mod out there, but to implement that mod into the game, comes with the drawback of having 8 different fences, instead of just one, which for a mod, is fine, but for the game, is less so.
I would like to suggest a solution for that.
Instead of 8 different items, you only have one, the normal fence, but it can have different models (forms).
To change forms you:
- place down a fence
- wait until a hearthling obeys your order
- click on the fence
- see the bar of buttons saying (move item - undeploy item) and click on the new button (-change form).
- see a ghost model appear as if you where placing the item down
- cycle through the models until you see the right one.
- wait until a carpenter comes over and does the modifications (crafting animation) to the fence.
- see the fence change in the form you need.