Feedback on Combat

I think there should be a defensive mode for footmen were they only attack if the goblins are inside your city and don’t chase them. Also footmen should get buffed because at the moment my footman runs out to fight two goblins then dies every time.

2 Likes

me either… even when I hunt down and kill goblins

That could also be okay so long as the footmen can train to become stronger by RPG-style leveling up. And of course more equipment upgrades and the like. And promotions into stronger follow-up classes later on.

I have played about 5 games so far on the new build and 4 times, it ends after about 5 minutes after hordes of goblins just pop up out of the ground and kill everyone. Am i just unlucky?

3 Likes

Sounds like you are very unlucky. I’m 2 hours into 1 game, not a goblin in sight.

2 Likes

That does sound unlucky, as I too have not seen any goblins yet after a half hour of play. However, I did read more reports saying the same thing, so it does seem like a problem with the new release. Perhaps @Silas and I were just very lucky…

1 Like

Okay, I did my first modification today.

I set the goblin spawns to “rare” and nerfed all of their stats to 1.

That’ll teach the little green bar stewards! No more getting Graped for me!

4 Likes

But armor is a lie. It’s just cosmetic :frowning:

Untill they steal my trapper knife! :angry:

2 Likes

I have used the following to avoid gob horde:

• Save often, use 2 slot and alternate everyday
  • Before saving do a max zoom out sweep of your area and make sure you didn’t save when a horde is marching towards you

I’m currently on my 12th day and had to reload a couple times, currently have 12 villagers and lost none.

To keep the horde away I’ve been keeping stockpiles very small, and embarking in an area which is essentially a hole… The only way the goblins can get me while I prepare is if I build a ladder. You just have to hope for a good map role when you do with with some trees and berries. I make my crafters like this Carpenter, Trapper, Footman, Farmer. When I get some silkweed and pelts gathered up I make another footman and a weaver and immediately make leather armor.

I have been avoiding making walls because every time I have I get a few workers who suddenly go idle and end up staving to death on scaffolding, but I do fortify by making 2 buildings with a space in the middle. I put my fire pit, stockpile, and farms in the middle there so it becomes the central focus of my town and the guards don’t wonder too much from there. This seems to keep the horde away, although I still see a steady increase in numbers… I get to the point where I have 4 or 5 footmen.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been building in hollows a lot too, provided they’re small enough to not have goblins spawn in their fog of war :smiley: .

You can make a fun game out of removing ladders before goblins climb down them…

1 Like

We are definitely looking into what causes the goblins to clump up and mob your town; they are not supposed to do that. (Bad Goblins!) Till then, though, I just wanted to say that Team Radiant loves reading your strategies for getting around this current abject lack of game balance.

4 Likes

I just let them do what they want… (until they took my supple rabbit furs, then I raise the alarm.)

1 Like

Well this sucks… I some how lost my save… I wasn’t exactly paying attention but here is what happened.

-Usual using 2 save slot alternate saving over the older town.
-noticed I wasn’t able to save (no message poping up to confirm)
-closed window and reopen menu, and press save
-Nothing in slot anymore as if just started a fresh town.
-exit and restart game yields no result, game thinks I’ve never played SH before

Ouch… there goes my town of 18 people…

I get corn, rocks, and mean(er) beds.

I’d get used to it if I were you… game is still in the infancy stages of saving and loading. Bugs and errors will often make worlds unplayable. I’ve yet been able to get over 12 people and most of my worlds are ones I create in a single sitting.

1 Like

All is not necessarily lost! Check out this thread.

One of your save files, probably your most recent, is corrupted. Try removing saves one by one from most recent and see if that helps.

1 Like

Forgive me if it’s been stated, but does the armor have an actual effect other than being cosmetic at the moment?

I mean… either way i’m decking my footman out, just would be nice to know if it’s helping.
Thanks!

2 Likes

If it doesn’t work then at least he can die in style.

1 Like