Fatal Exception (Crash to Desktop)

Summary:
Played the game for several consecutive hours. Noticeable lag spikes began appearing whenever auto-saving and any time the partial wall building view was active. Eventually the client just crashed to desktop in the middle of normal, non-combat play without warning or visible error message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Play the game normally using a late-stage evolved save.
  2. Play the game consecutively for about 3+ hours (though this is just anecdotal from my experience)
  3. Wait to see if it eventually crashes to desktop? Probably going to be hard to replicate.

Attachments:
Save Game
stonehearth.log (8.7 MB)
crash.dmp (160.6 KB)

Version Number and Mods in use:
A16 D2924 x64

System Information:
Win10 x64, 8GB RAM, AMD FX-8350 CPU, AMD Radeon R9 270X GPU

have you started the game since it crashed? if not, your stonehearth.log might help find the cause.

I hit save too quickly, and you beat me to fixing it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

lua heap size grew from 11mb to 400mb before it crashed. Not sure if that’s significant or not.

well scrolling through the .log i didn’t see anything super unusual… i forgot to ask, but was there also have a crash.dmp file? i don’t really know much about crashes, so i’m going to page @Albert for this.

Added crash.dmp. Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

That certainly looks suspicious. I wasn’t able to reproduce off of your save yet, but if anyone else sees crashes around the 400 MB lua heap size, please chime in!

3 Likes