Farmers do not harvest

The Farmers are not harvesting ANY crop or plant, even if it is ripe:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

I am using the latest Version (25.01.) and no mods

Win10, 64Bit, 3 GB GraphicCard, 16 GB RAM

Did you hit the item limit for your intentory? It counts unstored crops as well.

I don’t think so, it was relatively early on in the game when I noticed that. (Which doesn’t mean much but…) I will look if thats the problem. Thanks for your help :smiley:

If you haven’t hit the item limit make sure you haven’t messed with any of the job settings. I’d imagine you’d have noticed if you unchecked a box, but I’m covering my bases here. Hitting the pause button can also let the AI catch up if there are a lot of jobs queued. Running the game at 3x tends to have wonky effects on the AI.

Nope. Everything is ticked and there is plenty of space in the inventory, I don’t let the game run at 3x as It moves to quickly for my liking.

Try saving and reloading. Have there been any errors popping up?

No: No Errors popping up, And yes I tried reloading the game. I even started an entirely new one.

Can you share your save file with us? That would let us debug it.

2 Likes

I ran into an issue where the farmer wouldn’t plant new crops after harvesting the crops. The farmer just sat at the campfire. The town was new, (new game) and inventory wasn’t full. I got the farmer to start planting the crops by adding another crop to the three I already had. The farmer then went to tend the crops.

1 Like

its a little clunky atm, ive had it happen to me too. What worked for me was changing your farmer back into a worker, then back into a farmer. Usually fixes this issue. Also, getting rid of existing plots and re-planting plots works too. Weird and hope this gets fixed as well.

For me if hearthlings aren’t doing work it means that my comp can’t keep up with processing what they need to do. Pausing the game always helps, just wait until the bar turns mostly green. I can see that part of your problem is that you run the game at 3x all the time. Pause it every now and then to let your comp catch up.

Welcome to the forum, @rulipari :slightly_smiling_face:
Could you upload that savefile where the farmers were idle?
Instructions:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.
1 Like

@stevenvilla, when this happened to you, was also the farmers sitting at the firepit, like in @littlecats case?

1 Like

No they would still haul like normal (not pick veggies from plots) and they would socialize. But their jobs were completely idle and useless.

Not sure if this is related, and i dont believe I have a reliable save file… but I did notice a few times that the cook would prioritize harvesting/planting crops over cooking.

2 Likes

Another question for those affected by the bug: did you create that savefile in A22?
Because I can only reproduce the farmers not harvesting by loading savefiles created in the previous alpha :thinking:

Summary:
release-783 (x64)[M]
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:1092: attempt to index field ‘_scaffolding_region’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:46: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:57: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:1092: in function ‘_update_scaffolding_size’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:499: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:370: in function '_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:445: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:59>
Steps to reproduce:

1. load saved game (latest alpha 23 with german mod)

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

@Rhakuun that’s the same error you posted earlier, it is related to building. It might not be game breaking, try closing it for the moment and see if your buildings are fine.

So, your farmers and soldiers stay idle? What does the unit frame/citizens panel say that they’re doing?
Could you upload your savefile so that we can take a look at it? (Which mods are you using?)

To upload a savefile:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Hey,

thanks for answering my post.
here’s the link to my saved game.

The panel says nothing. everthing is green (idle) in status bar.

kind regards

2 Likes

Thanks for those savegames! A fix for this will be coming to stable soon.

2 Likes