Fallout Conversion

Dang can’t sneak anything past you guys :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, you’re correct, it is too pink. You can actually tell where I noticed this - the first building on the far right is pinker than the rest. Upon realizing this in Blender I decided two things: One - Need to make the buildings darker, and Two - Need more buildings!!! So the rest are a bit darker. But no matter how I tried the pallet it looked too similar to the ground color then. My colors/textures are hit-or-miss still, if I can’t get it correct after like 5 tries I’ll just move on so I don’t get bogged down. I’m hoping to attract a few other modders eventually (in months… or years…) and we can all sort of edit/fix-up each others artwork in ways the original artist may not have been able to do.

True - I mostly used just a 10:1 scale for the buildings/trees, everything else was on a 1:1 scale with the villagers. I sort of eyeballed the scale in Blender “to taste” on what looked right. I’m counting on the Stonehearth Engine to handle proper in-game scaling for me based on standardized .obj models. Is there anything in specific thou that looks way off? I hope the ‘small’ villagers are recognizable as children and not just a terrible scaling :smiley: Otherwise in general I don’t invent a sizing difference unless I can match it with an example from official Radiant media.

Also true, at close inspection it appears that a brahmin is actually two cows melted together (you can see the outline of the smaller non-horned cow on the side). I’ll probably wait until official Stonehearth cows come out to redo the model - I do like to base it as close to that as possible. At least the color was close? :slight_smile:

thats why we get paid the big bucks get free WiFi at Starbucks!

well, as far as toxically mutilated cows go, i thought yours looked great… :smile:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was stated somewhere that there won’t be cows in the main game as they’re too boring and they’d go for yaks or aurochs or something instead. The way the engine works as well means you have to specify your scaling so you’d need to work out correct relative proportions, you’ll have presets for things like villagers but depending on your models it could change.

2 Likes

you are correct sir…

Will there be cows? - Livestream - 1:17:18

“No cows … cows are so stereotypical aren’t they? Don’t you want something other than a cow? How about, maybe like yaks, or big goats, something other than a cow. Just something different that mixes it up, something a bit more unique.”

3 Likes

I know somebody started a “campaign” because they wanted cows, but I can’t remember who…

2 Likes

shhhh…

looks around nervously

it was @KingMooCow… he was pretty upset by the “no cow” stance, and started this thread, as well as this… and a third, that i locked up… :smile:

4 Likes

So that’s what all those threads were about? I skimmed them. I assumed they were shooting for some sort of mad-cow level.

I mean, this is cause for alarm… this creates what is known as a “cow power vacuum” as dozens of non-standardized cow prototypes are rushed to the market. I suppose I can accomplish the same ends with a yak, however I’ll need some shears, a blowtorch, and a team of lawyers.

Anyway that’s enough off-topic for me, don’t want to derail my own thread :smile:

3 Likes

Apologies for the slight derailment, it was @KingMooCow and @voxel_pirate with his cow titan :wink:

1 Like

I know this is set pre-fallout 1 but maybe the new liberty robot used by the brotherhood of steel? I would love defying against that!

2 Likes

How do you do these things… Lots of coffe? Or just awesomenes? I’m going the second one you are a huge brain with a body I love you… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Roughshod The reason I have created the cow model was that it was confirmed that there will be no cows in, that’s true. However, it seems like there will be animals of similar size in the game (like Llamas), so you might be able to simply exchange the “skin”.

1 Like

Ewwwwww, would that require the taxidermist class or the vivisectionist?

6 Likes

… the famous qubiclist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

2 Likes

Thanks for the complement :slight_smile: Honestly I just [downloaded Qubicle][1] a month ago (more like 1.5 months now) and made a few terrible looking plants. Later I downloaded @voxel_pirate’s [template guy (link here)][2] and tried to see if I could recolor the clothing to match a vault dweller. Things went on from there.

You should try it out! It seems like a lot, but really it is only a few small steps repeated over and over. Somethings work out and I post them, somethings don’t work and I hide them under the floorboards keep them aside in case inspiration hits me later.

Everyone should at least give it a poke or two, it’s free and you never know what you can make until you start. I use a mix of my own stuff as well as other shared files here (make sure you give credit to those who helped you!!) and then later I plan to upload them for other people to work on as well. It’s sort of a qubicle-cycle-of-life, the more people adding the better it gets.
[1]: http://www.minddesk.com/downloads.php
[2]: Unofficial Model- and Template-Files for Qubicle

4 Likes

I shall seems intresting because i suck at qubicle XD

impressive… i wish i could spend more time tooling around in qubicle, as i do love pretending im a artist (of sorts)… :wink:

nope… walking away from this one… too easy

1 Like

Just made a diay, Check it out! Here

sees the mod and all screen shots so far

:notes:I don’t want to set the forums on fire​:notes:
:notes:I just want to make a mod in stone hearth!:notes:

2 Likes

Gosh darn.

This was the exact mod I had in mind when I first decided to start learning how to mod.

Well, I’m glad it’s getting done, hopefully I’ll be able to help on it at some point.

2 Likes

welcome aboard @Doc! :smile:

i’m sure any help or feedback on the mod would be most appreciated… you certainly seem like someone who might have a fair amount of fallout knowledge… :wink:

2 Likes