Electricity/Automation

In the future i think a good idea would be to add electricity. This could have many uses it could allow for electic fridges for food being able to be used longer. Or to power light bulbs and street lights (If added to the game). It could also be a extension for the engineer. However the biggest use i see for electricity is automation. For example the farmer could get a tractor to cover more land. The carpenter could get a electric saw to be more efficient.

I think electricity is too advanced for Stonehearth’s time period, but I’ve always wanted mechanical systems.

4 Likes

WAY WAY WAY back in the day, one of the dev streams (like Tom’s time) had this brought up, and it was a maybe. That if they do anything, it’d be mechanical like windmills or somehow connected to water. Honestly, the thought (if I recall) didn’t really go past that. With all the rework now though, this will probably end up being a mod.

2 Likes

Agreed, Stonehearth should remain in a non-industrial/fantasy setting. No electricity for this guy! :blush:

Yah I can see electricity is too advanced but it would still be cool to see like water mills which could power machines like a simple wood mill

2 Likes

If the hearthlings get electricity, it wont be long before they build computers and make a gamedeveloping studio themselves… :jubilant:

2 Likes

Lol then they will make a stone hearth game and the whole cycle would repeat :joy:

1 Like

The old mechanical mod was my favorite mod ever, but I never actually ended up playing it. Because for some reason, I almost never actually install mods, no matter how closely I follow them on the Discourse. And now it’s far too outdated for anyone to update easily, and though its creator once asked if anyone would want to help with content I never got a response.

Since I have no clue how to start on that from scratch as I’d have to due to the One Rule we have for modding, and all the great modders are busy, it’s just been sitting there, annoying me that it can’t exist anymore.

1 Like

Minecraft is almost the same setting and has Redstone.

Yes it does!

(And If I wanted to play Minecraft, I’d PLAY Minecraft. My biggest grief with Stonehearth, is not even the fault of Stonehearth. People either act like, or want it to be a third person version of Minecraft. It is not.)

“Skip the Redstone please”. Would be my opinion, and we all have one of those.

While the setting is similar, the gameplay mechanics are not. Stonehearth is more of a GOD GAME then a first person sandbox, whether people will agree with me on that or not, I’m uncertain.

Now that I’ve had my ramble, to give it a second thought, maybe it could work. hmm…

That wasn’t the intent with what I was getting at. Was just stating how there’s other games of simular setting and setup that have systems that can be manipulated into electricity. Redstone originally was ment for setting off traps. People just eventually found ways to make 8 bit computers out of it…

I wouldn’t call it a god game, as god games you have more ability and control over the setting than Stonehearth will ever allow. Black & White is a perfect example of this. City builder I think is the better term here.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it a god game, as god games you have more ability and control over the setting than Stonehearth will ever allow. Black & White is a perfect example of this. City builder I think is the better term here.

I agree… somewhat. Although God Games give the player a variety of interactions with the world, they tend to have a more intimate relationship with the people in-game. Whereas a city builder has mass populations. This relationship with the people(in this case, Hearthlings) in a city builder is lost, or in most cases usually non-existent.
(although I wouldn’t complain if someone made a GOD mod,) :wink:

That wasn’t the intent with what I was getting at. Was just stating how there’s other games of simular setting and setup that have systems that can be manipulated into electricity. Redstone originally was ment for setting off traps. People just eventually found ways to make 8 bit computers out of it…

I know that wasn’t your intent, I apologize my friend if I came off as a knob. I tend to do that from time to time :blush: