Eek! Candledark Is Upon Us Again!

I did build one, but didn’t place it down :stuck_out_tongue:

I played in my main town and the first skeletons were defeated alone by my turrets.

But I noticed something. The plague buff, even though lasts for 10 days, is activated in a few hours. When my soldiers finished the (long) battle, they turned into zombies. I had no time to even try the recover potion. Which I guessed would also work after they were turned.

It is my firm belief, that while it is possible to cure diseases, it is not possible to cure dead :stuck_out_tongue:

Candledark is supposed to be a challenging distraction from the standard gameplay of Stonehearth that players are used to. Unlike Frostfeast, Candledark offers no real meaningful content - it’s just a rollercoaster ride where the player tries not to wipe. Oh, and hats.

For me, part of the thrill of the battle was frantically searching for a potion after receiving a bite notification - which is why the turn event was tuned to be less than the duration of the buff.

3 Likes

Oh ok! :smile: I’m totally new to this mod.

I completed it, was really fun and challenging. Especially when the orc camp for the General’s gong, a seperate pack of ogres and Kobolds, and about 15 undead showed up at the same time, I should have screen shot that but I was heavily stressed trying to keep everyone alive. Lol

4 Likes

Maybe you should take a look at the value of some items.

I just got ultra rich buying pinatas (for 60 gold) and selling the candy (for 30 gold each, x8).

2 Likes

Ok, so what do I do with my mindless wights? I have two! Oh, woe is me! My poor, cursed engineer.

Seriously though, is there any help besides “should have caught it in time”?

The herbalist makes an antidote to cure that before they turn

aw, i kinda dislike the ‘‘pumpkin’’ things, id just enjoy it more if it was purely like undead invasion, oh well, i like the details and effort that was put into this, but i don’t think this mod is for me (but i will eventually try it out this weekend)

not sure if its the proper spot but i did come across some path finding issues with the pinata hanging.

Other then that i really enjoy this mod. I just wish some of the decorating like the scarecrow and some of the fence/gates and gravestone could stay in the game as decorations. I’m really missing a good graveyard in my cities. :slight_smile:

Scarecrows are in my Cafe MOD :slight_smile:

You might be having issues with the pinata because it’s interaction point is about the 7 o’clock position. The pumpkin on the left may be colliding.

2 Likes

well I have not had this issue on all sides of the structure, just 2 sides. I’m missing a compass otherwise i could tell you the direction. Not sure if that makes sense.

Also i had something funny going on with one of the pinata’s. Everytime it got destroyed and they picked up the candy the ghost image remains and they replace the pinata even though there are none in my inventory. It happend like 7 times on the same pinata

Hmm. Sounds like a game bug, rather than a mod bug to me. The pinata is basically a remodelled tree that drops candy instead of oak logs.

There are no special mechanics to it at all.

Not had this issue reported by the QA team, nor my 40 or so play throughs. I think you might just be unlucky. I’ll do some more testing later with the model rotations as that’s the only thing I can think it could be.

2 Likes

Is it placed on a building or road?

in between existing building and the dirt ground.

That is a surprising possibility. If the piñata has been added to the building template it might be retasked for construction every time it is chopped. Is that possible?

Yes, I just confirmed it. This behavior is the same for destroyed objects (doors, turrets, objects inside buildings that have been destroyed with the Clear tool…).

1 Like

I’ll add a wooden fence door, destroyed by the enemy. It was placed on top af a built ground floor. It was rescheduled for placing and, as soon as It was crafted, the hearthlings replaced it. I thought it was a very nice feature until I read this… :smiley:

Kyth.

Has anyone run into an issue downloading this from the site? I just get a forbidden error if I try and click the download link.

@pbj59640 Oops! We replaced the mod file this morning (@Froggy updated it) but the permissions on the replacement file were set incorrectly. Thanks – it’s now fixed. Download away!

2 Likes

it looks like theres 2 models in the grave.

2 Likes