"Different Mods" pop-up

to be honest, I have no idea which button to push. Can any one help me?

Should I use “current mod configuration” or “enable mods used in this save and disable all others”?

Hello. If you want to go with new added/disabled mod you should pick “Continue With Current Mods”.
The description is a little unclear but the keyword is errors :slight_smile: Which implies a change in the composition of mods.
I would write for the first option as “Apply mods сhanges”

1 Like

I know @morgan10e was looking for feedback on how to make these clearer.

I would write for the first option as “Apply mods сhanges”

Sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

In this particular example though, it’s due to a pure base/vanilia game update. So, unless they call out “Recommend to start new game,” it should generally be ok. Typically, after Alpha updates it’s best to start a new game, but I think they’ve been pretty good at letting us know if the saves aren’t compatible.

Maybe for ‘Apply Saved Mods and Continue’ could be changed to ‘Restore Mods List from Save.’

Why? With those used to some OSes, and game configurations… ‘Apply’ is used for “I made a change, and I want to Apply it.” Which is why I think “Apply mods changes” works very well… however, it’s not using the same meaning if there’s also “Apply saved mods…” Whereas a 'Restore… from… ’ implies it’s getting the list, then it’ll set your active mods to that list. (One applies after the fact, and the other pulls from file, then applies)

I think both suggestions would definately make it clearer. I had to do a double-take the first time I saw that… and it’s be so easy to mess up if you’re a little sleepy or something.

2 Likes

Is it correct that the “continue with current mods” will play the game with all the mods selected on the Mods screen?

and that “apply saved mods” will play the game with only the mods that were used during that game?

That’s the way I understand it.

2 Likes

Yes, it is

1 Like