Devolant's Twitch Live Feedback Thread

Being able to see mining designated areas in Slice but in X-Ray is weird, is there a reason why they operate differently @yshan ?

release-572 (x64)
(19411 R00d33) (stonehearth:combat:heal) bad frame transition to “unit_not_ready” from "started"
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'fn’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:322: in function 'private_msg’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:515: in function '_dispatch_messages’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:379: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:360>
[C]: in function 'suspend’
stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:66: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/run_effect_action.lua:38>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'execute’
stonehearth/ai/actions/run_putdown_effect_action.lua:32: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/run_putdown_effect_action.lua:20>

[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:541: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Just some errors happening with my healer when I was in combat. I have no idea what they pertain to because I didn’t see much of a problem on the gameplay side.

release-572 (x64)
bad unit transition “run” from "thinking in action heal from current location
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘run’
…tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <…tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141>
[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:541: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

1 Like

Well I know a there was an issue a while back (maybe the first part of the A16 unstable) with healers trying to heal while moving. The team eliminated most of those errors by having the cleric come to a stop while healing. I think this error may be happening due specific circumstance when the Heal Target moves out of heal range. It does not happen every time as most time the cleric will just cancel the heal and begin moving to get back into range. But I have observed a few occasions where the target moves out of range prompting the cleric to move but the Heal action was not completely stopped.

This make me think that there must be a break point where the action is terminated smoothly and where it is not.
so as a hypothetical scenario (as I do not know the except math, science or magic behind the programming) let say the heal action has a 5 sec cycle, and the error happens only it the target moves away at the last second which prompts a new action for the cleric but the healing subroutine is already firing and returns a nil or null value on the target (while I don’t think “nil” is the right term or being used correctly its the best I can think of at the moment)

nil is the right term in Lua. Pretty much every other language used null, often of the void type, but Lua likes to be different than other languages and it works nice [sometimes].

Oh! I had a light bulb while looking at some roads I messed up :stuck_out_tongue: It would be nice to be able to replace ground blocks like in Dwarf Fortress. Also would like to be able to recognize exactly what material and color selection something is after I’ve build it, like roads. I can’t tell what it is and now i have to guess if I don’t remember. Another addition would be for building is when you do cutaway walls, it doesn’t make the entire wall disappear but instead removes everything except the base of the wall from your point of view, similar to how 3 mode of building vision works, combining those two would be more useful because you could see where walls are in buildings then! Random thoughts, ho hum!

Already, I feel a lot of these issues I’m running into are things that’ll be considered with future building updates and the re-addition of the building removal system

Also noticing a lot of lag, not game lag but animation lag, from there being too many entities in the game at once. All I have is 13 hearthlings, a goblin t2 camp (or t1? It has a chieftain), their goblins and a giant zombie with a chest and the blue lua bar goes nuts and the animation in game drops to something close to 10 fps whilst the game itself while the game itself along with camera movement stays smooth D:

@yshan It’s been several ingame days and my hearthlings have yet to complete this building. They’ve completed the structure itself but a lot of the placement items have just been ignored :frowning: I can upload my save, but the game is not throwing any errors. The items in question are undeployed and in storage, away in containers.

Man… it’s been a long time since I’ve been back to my thread here. I will be bringing back the stream and coverage soon as I see all this new juicy content on the horizon :slight_smile: Will announce when the next Stonehearth stream drops. We’ll be playing the vanilla experience until mods are needed in our sessions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a mod or anything that can be used to keep the grid up on the blocks while doing normal play instead of using the tools to always keep them visible?

awhile back @linda added a user_settings.json option to have gridlines always shown,

3 Likes

One quick method I use to show grids is to press Z, which is the shortcut for the zones menu. Doing that activates the grid.

2 Likes

Everytime I try to make my moats a thing this happens…

release-687 (x64)
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: in function '_remove_height’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:261: in function '_remove_water’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:473: in function ‘fill_channel_from_water_region’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:561: in function ‘callback_fn’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:194: in function ‘each_channel_ascending’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:559: in function ‘fill_channels_to_capacity’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:768: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:52: in function ‘fn’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

release-687 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:2103: attempt to index local ‘fixture’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:2103: in function ‘_compute_fixture_dependencies’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:666: in function ‘_finish_set_building_active’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1801: in function ‘_compute_scaffolding_worker’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1722: in function 'fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Happens when trying to build a building with an outside staircase and no actual roof, just a second floor… :S

Building in question… So weird.

Redid the building, making some progress :smiley: I think it’s coming along fine, keeping the elevation advantage to keep nasties outta the base while I tech up.

1 Like

Having weird issues with items being left on crafting stations and not being taken off… My Herbalist, level 2, will not take the dang book I crafted off the table and become a cleric… And no one will remove the book from the table…

Also, if I am to understand this current system correctly… As the Children (Desert Folk), when you trade for a rare seed it gives you an herb and that herb can be used by your herbalist instead of being used as seeding for your farmer which means you just botched your own trade by the system working “as intended”. I can’t plant frostsnap seeds regardless of the fact that I completed the trade quest successfully because my Herbalist missed the memo and decided to use it instead of the 99 desert cactus flowers I had… A little frustrated at that fact currently because I just realized it happened :confused: