My wishlist for Stonehearth

Hey there!

First of all, my honest cheers for you to keep working on Stonehearth. It feels even more promising each weeks. :slightly_smiling:

As I play the game, I see stuff that is quite disturbing or could be improved, so here are my thoughts :

• Roads - The way we handle roads could be more friendly. Instead of having each portion of a road act as a different building’s floor, I’d like to see a “road tool” that allow to paint and manage the roads as a whole, having the possibility to simply add and remove road’s blocks without having to remove the whole portion, then rebuild it.

• Priorities - Could we have a way to tell our earthlings to prioritize a task upon another? For now, each hearthling act on its own, deciding to finish the latest assigned task, or the closest one. An example : I’d like to urgently mine some ore for my blacksmith to make an armor for my newly added footman, but all my workers just deny the new task and wants to finish first the little castle I started to build a while back. I’d like a way to select an hearthling and tell him : “Hey you! Go mine naw. Please.”. Oh and not just see him mine a single block, then get back on the castle, but really ask him to work on the whole mining work first.

• Ownership - I saw a lot of topics on the subject. Right now, each hearthling own the whole world. Meaning, if there is a bed, they will just sleep on it, even if it is the mayor’s bed or is one of the hospital bed, reserved to injured citizens. Could it be possible to give ownership of something to the hearthlings? As ownership of individuals objects, like a bed, a chair, a bench, or ownership of a whole house, meaning only the owner of the house will be permitted to get inside.

• I want YOUR world! - Well this is a broader request. As I see it now, you are mainly working on the engine, the tools, what you will use to craft the world of Stonehearth. So I ask you, please! Keep adding content and gives us a rich and unique world to play in once you are done with the technical parts! Keep adding background, stories, ruins to discover, dungeons or, why not, other villages to visit and interact with! I had a poor experience with, for exemple, Banished, where the dev finished to work on its engine, added a couple elements to play with and let the rest of the content work to the modders. I honestly want to see the beautiful world you will come with, not just the game engine you are working on. :slight_smile:

Annnd that’s it. For now. I wish you the best of luck and keep surprising us!

Spidyy

6 Likes

hey there @Spidyy, welcome to the discourse :smile:

actually, thats already a thing! the citizens menu (hotkey C) doubles up as a “therapy UI”, where you can select who does what.

hope that helps.

1 Like

so…your asking the radiant team to be Bethesda,am i right? they make their games epic but just like "sample level content(aka small portion of the content)"to sell to the public and the rest leave it to the modders to figure out.heck look at skyrim it a fricking single player RPG game and the modding community managed to make it MMORPG.

As much as I think that roads could be improved, I think that for the time being, hey are fine as they are.

Yes I agree with you greatly, for now I would (for example) set maybe most people on building only whilst a building is in progress, and have a few set to other jobs. Just a way for make - do prioritising.[quote=“Spidyy, post:1, topic:20309”]
Ownership - I saw a lot of topics on the subject. Right now, each hearthling own the whole world. Meaning, if there is a bed, they will just sleep on it, even if it is the mayor’s bed or is one of the hospital bed, reserved to injured citizens. Could it be possible to give ownership of something to the hearthlings? As ownership of individuals objects, like a bed, a chair, a bench, or ownership of a whole house, meaning only the owner of the house will be permitted to get inside.
[/quote]Great idea, I would love to see this implemented, but I have seen many topics already talking about this.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure bed ownership (etc.) is coming back. It existed in early Alphas but we didn’t have control over it, and they took it out for reasons I’ve forgotten but I’m pretty sure they’ve said a few times that it’ll come back eventually once they figure out a good UI for it and can make it work with other systems.

I think you’ll be happy with the final game. Everything on your wishlist should be there.

3 Likes

He wants Radiant to deliver a game with rich content which doesn’t depend on mods to be interesting and I totally agree with that. Mods are cool for adding some content, to change the setting or to change something to one’s taste, but the game shouldn’t completely rely on being modded to be somewhat playable. Of course the content only comes after they fixed the bugs and increased the performance, and as they don’t tell in detail what’s going to be in the game, we won’t see the actual amount of content for a long time. So far I’m in good hopes though.

Edit: I totally demand cows. :grin:

1 Like

I’m sorry but, GOATS FTW xD

I could agree with goats penned next to the cows.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I meant. =p

Mods should be a bonuses. A dev letting the community doing all the content is just a lazy dev. With Stonehearth, I signed for a complete world with a good background and content, not just a tool to give mods to.

2 Likes