Develop-2647 on Steam Latest

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a number of race conditions on load that resulted in engine errors or odd behavior.
  • Fixed ‘Path is not contiguous’ error when the subspace pathfinder is enabled.
  • Fixed ‘item_has_been_looted’ error when trying to restock destroyed items.
  • Fixed ‘try_spawn’ error when raiders are killed trying to leave the area.
  • Fixed engine error when trying to pick up an item from a deleted stockpile.
  • Fixed save/load bugs with postures when saving during panicking, eating, etc.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented other items from being placed when only a single item was blocked.
  • Fixed bug that failed to idle the pathfinder when there was nothing to do.
  • Fixed bug that caused too many hearthlings to work a mining zone.
  • Fixed units stuttering when engaging in combat.
  • Fixed shepherds not always feeding animals
  • Fixed UI error on the promotion window.
  • Fixed ladders being placed in the wrong orientation against rotated objects.
  • Fixed firepit seats being placed in odd locations when the terrain is not level.
  • Added missing value/buy/sell data for a number of construction and decorative items.
  • The ghost form of the blacksmith’s forge no longer has burning coals.

Other Changes

• The high performance CPP AI and Subspace Pathfinder are now turned on by default. If you experience bugs, you can disable them in Settings->Gameplay->Experimental.
  • Improved performance when harvesting trees, plants, and boulders.
  • Improved AI performance when building structures.
  • Blacksmiths can now build vaults which hold up to 256 items.
16 Likes

For Translators:

“save_time”: “Saved [str(save_time)]”
“population_label”: “[str(town_name)] population”,
materials lots of new clay items
"num_animals": “Animals:”
“workshop_title”: “[str(job_name)] Crafting Orders”,
“select_game_story”: { + following
"clay_resource_name": “Mound of Clay”,
“starving_animal_buff”: { -> was changed
"large_urn": {
“small_urn”: {
“cactus_flower”: {
“clay_lamp”: {
“clay_wall_lamp”: {
“garden_gnome”: {
“clay”: {
“leather_bound_chest_recipe”: { -> description changed
for the cook -> “requirements”:
same for mason + shepherd
"stone_chest_recipe": {
“potter”: { -> new class + receipts

becarefull for the potter - req lvl4 mason and dis. upgradable to the mason ^^ so lvl4 mason need but you can upgrade him to the mason? ^^

@yshan also the wall mounted clay lamp has another name as the receipt wall mounted oil lamp and potter outfit … i think splotches not sploches

missing strings for the new start:

enemies + peacefull after in story mode
also links for stonehearth:kingdom:ascendancy = Ascendancy same for the biomes ^^

3 Likes

WHERE ARE THE POTS!

I can’t find them D:

4 Likes

HELLO ! I’m back for another testing right now :smiley: I’m interested in performance optimisation and gonna report back what i can :smiley: Thx you for your hard work team radiant <3

2 Likes

It seems better than before, really stable (the music no longer stutters on my old laptop).

I waited long enough to see the pahtfinder finishing the warm-up, but when the bar became mostly green, CPU was still at 100% permanently (the performance bar overflowed). This is when no orders were given to hearthlings.

Could it be due to the terrain? The new pathfinder? The AI? I assume certain reworks on the code that were introduced for Alpha 12 might be intensive on the CPU, but for some people this doesn’t happen, so I guess is my processor not being able to catch up… :confused:

3 Likes

Ah! New release day. I have a love-hate relationship with these announcements. On one hand, “Yay! New bug/glitches/feature to explore”…on the other hand I’m tied to my desk for several hours before I get to open Stonehearth and bask in the glorious glow of hearthing culture. It’s like when you were 10 years old and stuck staring out the classroom window at the playground knowing you have to be bored for an eternity before you get to run around.

3 Likes

I’ve set my Hearthlings to digging furiously, but I can’t seem to find any clay anywhere. Any hints? It’s all just stone still. My ground is starting to look like swiss cheese.

I don’t think you will find any clay :frowning:. IIRC, @Tom said in stream that clay would only be found in a certain biome (whichever one Rayaa’s children is based in), and to my knowledge, that biome is not yet enabled… Mayble @Albert, @yshan, or @sdee can confirm this.

1 Like

Aww… So we can’t test the potter until biomes are implemented? And to think I starved the poor little dears for nothing. I feel bad now. Thanks, jomaxro.

1 Like

I didn’t say that :wink:. If you have the debug tools mod installed, you can add clay into the world via the item dropper and use it like any other resource, but I don’t think it can be found “naturally” yet. I could be wrong…

1 Like

Ah, yes that would be the trick then. I’m already coming across blueprint issues so I should probably explore this new feature further since I have a bit of time before the stream tonight. Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m traveling and can’t play Stonehearth until I get back. How big are these vault things? A screenshot would be wonderful.

Here you go!

2 Likes

Thanks! That is indeed quite huge. What is the recipe? Very expensive?

1 Like

2 Gold, 4 Steel, Anvil, Level 6 Blacksmith

1 Like

They changed it then? Awesome! :smiley:

I guess they did :wink:. I didn’t really notice that they upped the level until you mentioned it. Glad to see the level requirement is higher, it never made sense to be able to craft it before you were able to craft the ingredients required.

Ah, finally a reason to smelt my gold, then. Obviously vaults will be a late-game storage option. I think when I build them in my own games, I’ll stick them in caves I’ve dug into the sides of cliffs and use them to hold all my precious valuables.

2 Likes

For those asking about the Potter and clay: Yes, you can see the Potter (in the job tree) but he’s not yet ready for activation. We’ve turned clay off for the moment – not much point in having clay if there’s nothing to do with it; it just clogs up your stockpiles. Just think of it as a temptation that will soon be in reach…

5 Likes