[Dev Blog] Video Update Coming Tomorrow

http://stonehearth.net/2014/07/29/quick-update-video-update-coming-tomorrow/

4 Likes

internet points to those who can correctly spot all the new features on display in the screenshotā€¦

disclaimer: Iā€™m looking as well! :smile:

So many fun things!

Zone management
Traps
Cloth stuffs!
Laddersā€¦

I also see some new buttons?

Edit: Those might be development buttonsā€¦

ahhh im so excited, I cant wait for this update to come out! do you think having ladders will mean second floors for homes for the future? I get they are probs made for getting up and down hills and such, just wondering.

ā€œtrapper zonesā€ is the most obvious one (for me)ā€¦ canā€™t wait!

Glad to see the ladders. No more blue lines.

1 Like

Yay! Iā€™m so exited, although I havenā€™t even read the post!

Are those Banners? for like marking patrol areas maybe?

or perhaps for ā€œdoodadā€ decorations? either way, banners! :smile:

1 Like

and new look to the UI down on bottom. the house is so cute and the background of the sword is now red
picture for farm zone is changed. O and the zone management is is now more has darker lines.
Guesses:

1. both the citizens and crafter descriptions are now not saying ā€œnot readyā€ or whatever it was. and the trapper returns!? also hopes for the weaver!

not sure:
is the UI color changed or not? cant check to late

edit: did not repeat anyone though i did see them

1. Ladder near the scaffolding
  2. Comfy beds looks like are available to get in other ways than trade.
  3. ā€˜Colourable Camp Standardsā€™ - flags? Banners? They should be normally placeable and hangable. That means
  4. (trying to deduct from 3) Modification of Hangable Lanterns and normal Lanterns into single item? :smiley:
  5. (trying to decuct from 2 & 3) Weaver prepared to join the action. Current he will craft only cloth and flags though, but in his options may be ā€˜modify town bannersā€™ option (thatā€™s why flags are green, not blue) ;p
  6. New icon of the growing zone
  7. Trapping zone added (You select a zone then you wait for the animals to come into your traps? It may/could be useable both on animals andā€¦ goblins.)
  8. (trying to deduct from 7) Comeback and huge modification of Trapper.
  9. Modified ā€˜militaryā€™ icon. Currently propably without any new options.
  10. Not fixed bug involved here (as far as I remember, normally there isnā€™t a info block when you arenā€™t clicked on anything)
    Canā€™t wait to see it on the ā€˜latestā€™ branch. Or even on the ā€˜nightlyā€™ branch (with updates daily) if Team Radiant would create that one.

Am I ready to get at least 1 Internet Point? :smiley:

4 Likes

I think it seems unlikely that they would put in a whole new class when they are trying to focus on bug fixing and getting Alpha 4 stable and bug-free. But, it is still a possibilityā€¦ I will be very impressed if they have implemented the weaver.

this just reminded me how I thought it was a bit odd (the differentiation between the two)ā€¦

ayeā€¦ but the weaver was intended to be introduced a couple of builds back (if I recall), but was shelved in order to introduce ā€¦ the footman? someone correct me hereā€¦

In this post, two commenters said words to this effect:

In one of the last streams they mentioned that adding a weaver wasnā€™t practical due to resource gaining. Adding a trapper is faster and easier atm.

[Unquote] From what Iā€™ve seen now, I think that most of the modelling has been done, and some of the scripting (in the Stonehearth files there is a folder marked ā€œWeaverā€ with lots of code etc.)

All of these sub-folders seem to have plenty of stuff inside:

So I guess it wouldnā€™t be too difficult for them to add a very basic version of the weaver, although Iā€™m still not sure that they actually will, since bugs are the main focus at the moment.

1 Like

Cotton crop is also already in the folders, its only avialble as a rare trade scenario though, at the moment.

Iā€™ve seen banners in the weaverā€™s recipes from long ago. We canā€™t get wool from sheeps, but I find even better the plant fiber as a first approach.

Hey, @Wombat85, donā€™t forget mods xD
Every new model that appears in the folders but isnā€™t in the game can be stolen for mods in the meantimeā€¦