[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday: Smarter Combat

Yeah it is a little more annoying. I’m starting to implement this “Pause, Plan, Play, Wait, Rinse and Repeat” in games that have it; FTL, Pixel Piracy…can’t think of any other ones off the top of my head. I know SH isn’t like that but it’s a feature i’m taking advantage of :wink:

I think it’s nice to be able to pause because you can take a moment to assess the situation. Do I need to move some footmen out before they die? Is this goon going to die if I just stick it out? Oh crap where did my Cleric/Archer go!!! Wait…there’s a DRAGON!!! <- That’s a little reference to a blog post on the SH site :wink:

Yeah it could be done a bit better as there is a lot of excessive clicking but that’s sort of how a lot of these game are; Dwarf Fortress, Gnomoria, Timer and Stone, Craft the World. They all have somewhat different implementations but they stick to how the general interaction is done with all characters.

I’m sure Radiant will come up with a SUPER INGENIOUS AMAZING solution…just give them time :wink: I trust dem!

1 Like