[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday Job Changes and Shops

Well, it’s not like you have to trade. Also, don’t forget the shop stock - if you need 3 breastplates but the trader only has 1, you’re going to have to make your own anyway. @Tom just set the stocks to 99 for testing purposes, but I rather doubt traders will be coming to visit us with 99 worker outfits etc every time :smiley: .

True, but it should be something the GameMaster takes into account. If you don’t trade, maybe trading gets harder? It all depends on why Radiant wants trading in the game. Is it to increase angst, ease gameplay, provide for alternate and unique stuff, I can’t guess, as to why they want that feature. But I presume it is something to be manipulated within the GameMaster’s purview.

If nothing else, it provides another reason to not just wall off the outside world. But in general, I’d say it makes the world more alive, adds gameplay options, and general stuff like that.

2 Likes

See this across this genre, why does an area have to provide everything you need, doesn’t happen in real life. Why can’t exotic traders (Camels!!) come along with items such as spices or silk. With the upcoming ability to lay down roads they could follow the road from the map edge into your settlement.
As a side idea, is there going to be mounts in the game, if so you make mounted patrols who follow the road rather than you have a foot slogger run to the attacked caravan (as mentioned before) only to turn up to find the aftermath…

the terrain will eventually have no real edge… but I agree with your point that your settlements immediate surroundings won’t always provide everything you need, and that traders can help provide the missing items you’re looking for… :+1:

The “edge” can always just be fog of war. It’s not like they would have always followed the path anyway. So as long as there’s road going into the fow, the caravans can spawn.

Would like to see traders turn up, depending upon race or culture for the type of beast of burden. Ox and cart or mule/donkey for euro types, camels for middle/far eastern types, giant goats (suggestion) for dwarves or even giant rabbits (non-sentient) for the rabbit race.

1 Like

So the use the special ed kids as pack mules? Not bad…

2 Likes

Well Disney have ducks eating turkey and a mouse owning a dog even though their close friend is a… walking/talking dog, Stone Hearth can have pack bunnies.

2 Likes