[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday, Adding Lore To The Game

http://stonehearth.net/desktop-tuesday-adding-lore-to-the-game/

Ooooohh, Bunny statue. :smiley:

17 Likes

that also was my first thought @Solus

4 Likes

Bunny statue looks badass. I agree itā€™s huge and most lore items probably shouldnā€™t be so huge, but I think the occasional rare encounter with something that big just adds to that mythological feel. Sort of like when the Fellowship comes to the Argonath. The ancients always did things bigger and better, and it fills your little hearthlings with awe (and something to aspire to).

Iā€™m also thrilled to see this is something that will be added to the game, in general. Back when I still played Minecraft, I used to build these huge statues on servers, of some kind of creature thing (not dissimilar to this rabbit statue in fact), hiding them about for my friends to come across unexpectedly in the wilder parts of the map. I was actually thinking about doing much the same in Stonehearth, once I had a chance.

I was also considering carving block-by-block into mountains to create some sort of Mount Rushmore-type monuments. Perhaps that sort of thing would be another type of lore you could add to the game, a large carved bunny face on the side of natural terrain.

4 Likes

Could that be Our childhood friend Totoro? q-q such nostalgia! qā€”q

1 Like

This could have variants, like one where the stone slab at the front has a door/opening leading to a small shrine inside WITH TREASURE (Just a little bit of treasure)
Or maybe with fresh offerings such as food and flowers, hinting at that this ā€œforgotten raceā€ might still exist somewhere, out of sight.

/edit/
changed my mind, this looks great as is

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping weā€™ll find secret little shrines with some treasures (offerings) as well. Not necessarily inside a big statue like this, but somewhere. Or even tomb raiding!

2 Likes

to my knowledge, we will, @mrxak

1 Like

Ahh, true, but pillaging a shrine like this might invite greater powersā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s where you weigh the cost and benefit.
"If I pillage this shrine, Iā€™ll be declaring a war on the gods and enter a century long holy war. BUT; I get to feed my Hearthlings for two daysā€¦

Itā€™s the stone god of bug stomping. Bugs Bunny :wink:

1 Like

Now thereā€™s an idea. Perhaps different shrines could have different effects. For example: a fire shrine could bring volcanic wrath upon you.

Is it a Lagomorph shrine?

2 Likes

Yep, it appears so. Perhaps theyā€™ll expand on the lagomorph lore significantly before adding them in the game.

1 Like