[Dev Blog] Alpha 4 Up on Steam Unstable

Yes, go ahead with the bug reports. Seeing which ones are most popular should help us prioritize what we want to fix, too. Maybe another poll, @SteveAdamo?

Couple thoughts:

• We want the trapper to be consistent with the footman, in terms of how you give the class directions.
  • the footman isn’t done yet; he has automatic behaviors you can see now, but there should one day also be a way of making his behavior more specific (patrol here, etc)
  • so my guess (final design as always, will wait on how it plays) is that the trapper will have some general behaviors and then some directed ones
1 Like

Go! Brave footman! Kill those annoying goblins that are each time more numerous!
Oh wait what? O_o
All settlers go to where the footman is fighting, I don’t know if they’re helping or if they only want to pick up the remaining wood.

Looks quite unfair… there are more goblins out there…
Sigh… I must give time to my computer, with so much new features I have lag, it’s a bit difficult to test.

1 Like

Woo, worker behaviors! Hey @albert, it’s working in the wild!

Maybe try turning down some of the graphics settings?

Hey, my game hasn’t updated to Alpha 4, can you help me?

Make sure you’re on the Steam Unstable branch. Instructions here:
http://stonehearth.net/2014/01/02/stonehearth-revision-12-now-available-on-steam/

1 Like

Oh god, I’m getting Deja Vu again.

I already told you, I forgot my Key. I activated it in December to get the Beta, but I soon forgot the Key.

1 Like

Hold on, it seems like it’s Updating.

EDIT: And it updated, it seems you’ll only need the Key to get into private betas, but not to get the latest version.

1 Like

For the looks of it, seems like they want to eat him. Definitely. And they know this way he can’t escape. :smiling_imp:

for the night is dark and full of terrors

3 Likes

@sdee, yes ma’am, I think tossing together a poll with the bugs discovered, say… over the weekend, might prove useful?

3 Likes

Sounds good! :slight_smile: Collecting them over the weekend totally makes sense, for they are legion. T__T

2 Likes

They’re a pack of bipedal lionesses. :slight_smile:

I mean… how ELSE are you supposed to get drumsticks in this build?

2 Likes

Creepiest load I ever had:

I can’t count on this savefile…

5 Likes

Wow! Just… wow.

In that vein, has anyone made a dude farmer yet? Anyone?

Oh god. Looks like something right out of “The Exorcism”.

I did.

Ah darn it. Stupid Character-Limit.

mod edit: language

Here is two Bugs I found.

One, a random Error Message Box Appeared for no reason.

Two, I don’t have an attachment, because it happened so fast, but one of my Settlers made a fire, then proceeded to reach into the fire, and pull out the burning block of wood that was used in the fire.

Oh yeah, and this happens every time, even in new save files.

Sorry for my constant posting, but I would rather post Bug Reports and Questions here instead of making a million threads.

Anyway, where is the Trapper? You can’t craft the Knife in the Crafting Bench and the tool is not there in the beginning of the game.

2 Likes

We’ve pulled the trapper till we can fix him as per everyone’s feedback. :slight_smile: The class will be back when it better fits the rest of the game.

Oh, @sdee,

You and the Team really need to make it not so dark in at Sunset, dusk, twilight, the night, and in dawn. YOu can barely do anything when the day is over because you can’t see anything. I like to build during the night, but it’s nearly impossible because you can’t see anything without any light.

What I mean is, sometimes instead of that blue shade you get, it’s sometimes pitch black.

Hm, are you saying that some nights, it’s dark blue, and other nights, it’s black? If so,that’s definitely a bug.

If it’s always black, maybe we can fix that in a setting. I can see OK on my monitor, but I probably have different monitor settings than you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess it’s not a common bug, but it’s still annoying.